Cards on the Table

"E, kaso mahal talaga e. I can't stand seeing you taking a step back everytime I'd date someone else. I don't want to hear anyone making me choose as if the choice would actually change. In fairness kay love, it's helping me make better choices. I chose the sign. I chose you"

We were walking towards his car at the parking lot, both silent, his hands inside his pocket, mine holding the straps of my body bag, my eyes on the ground, and when I looked back at him, I saw him looking at the night sky.

"Billy...", I said, breaking the silence.

"Hm?", he asked, his eyes immediately on me.

I leaned on his car when we reached it and looked him in the eyes. "So, mahal mo talaga ako?"

I saw him grinned and nodded his head. "Oo nga... mahal. Sobra"

"Kahit dati?"

"Kahit gaano pa kadati"

I looked at him and was silent for a while.
"What are you thinking?"

"Na mahal din kita... kahit gaano pa kadati. And hindi na ako magsiselos... saka sorry... "

"Sorry?"

"Sorry if I felt insecured. From now on, hindi na ako magsiselos..."

"Carla, ok lang naman magselos. Just talk to me if there's something I did or didn't do na hindi mo gusto"

"I'll try to be better for you din, Billy... maybe the best one for you"

"Hindi ka talaga nagpatalo sa better version ko, no?"

"Syempre hindi.... I love you more kaya", I said while placing my head on his chest, my arms around him.

"Tsk! I love you the most!", he whispered as he placed his head on top of mine, then I felt him kissed the side of my head.

"Billy..."

"Ano po ulit?", he asked, but I knew that he's grinning.

"Paano pag hindi pala tayo hanggang huli?"

"Hindi pwede "

"Hindi pwedeng hindi pwede... what if..."

"E di, gagawin kong tayo. Tayo naman magdi-decide, di ba? Unless..."

"Unless?"

"Unless ayaw mo"

"Luh! Gusto kaya"

Then I heard him laugh as he pulled me to him, hugging me tightly.

Sana kami talaga...
I've been praying for that since I was four.
Billy ❤️ Carla.
Nag-flames pa kaya ako ng madami.
Sana po talaga kami...

———

Billy drove us back to the apartment after that talk. I think we're gonna be ok. I learned a lot today... and I know, I am sure, I am really in love with him. And now, I'm quite certain he loves me too.

The moment his car stopped in front of our house, I immediately saw Kuya Patrick's car. He's here.
Yeah... I almost forgot, we still have something to talk about.

I saw Billy looked at the car, then his head turned to look inside our apartment. Somehow he knew that there's another thing that we need to settle today.

When his eyes landed on me, he immediately hid the worry in his eyes, then I saw him smiled as he kissed me on the forehead.

"You don't need to come...", but of course I was not able to finish my sentence because he's already opening his door and going around the car to open mine.