When You Know, You Know

"In fairness, Boyfriend, andito ka pala"

We were taking that five minute-walk towards the parking lot and yet none of us has said a word after that.

When we are almost near his car, I just felt like I don't want to be trapped in the confine of his car, so I tried to make a pass.

When he opened the passenger door, still without looking at me, I smiled and took my things from him. But I didn't get inside his car.

"Boyfriend, I forgot I still have papers to finish. Sa library muna ako"

But even before I turned and took that first step away from him, he was holding my arm and said "Get in, Carla"

"What if I don't want to? Can we just both pretend that you let me go to the library without any drama, because we both know that's what we need right now?"

"Tsk! If you're Carla my best friend, I'll probably let you be in the library, but not without me sending you there. But since you're now Carla, my girlfriend, we both know that what you asked won't happen, because we have something more important to talk about"

"Oi, ang galing! Girlfriend na ulit ako"

"Carla...", he said, and I know that tone. Yun yung tone na malapit ko nang maubos yung pasensya nya.

"At ikaw pa talaga yung pikon!", and because he asked for it while we are here in the parking lot, I gave it to him. "Why didn't you introduce me to Tanya just now?"

"Get in-side", he said, clearly enunciating each syllable.

I looked at him and evaluate my options.
I really wanted to tell him off...
To accused him of a lot of things.
Like how he made me feel just now.
But maybe, that wasn't really his intention.
It may not even be his fault.
It just so happened, that finally, I'm seeing what the other girls are seeing.

I don't want to make this to be more difficult than how it really is.
So I took a deep breath and smiled at my boyfriend.
Let's park all those things inside a "box", and maybe pull it out later tonight or tomorrow.

I figuratively took a peek and realized that there was already a handful there.
How did you manage to all come in?
Who let you come in....

Lying boyfriend
Secret girlfriend
Really smart boyfriend...

Wait, I think that third one is not supposed to be there.
Really smart boyfriend is not really his fault.

I sighed and looked at the guy who probably has a tour inside my head just now, judging by the way he's staring at me.
Kinakabahan yung boyfriend ko.

When I turned and was about to go inside his car, I felt him released the breath I didn't know he was holding, and before I could even complete my turn and bend to enter his car, I felt his hand on my waist, and he kissed me on the side of my head, then he whispered, "Thank you"

Thank you....
Thank you for not starting a fight in the middle of this crowded parking space?
Thank you for just letting it go?

But before I even managed to get inside his car, I heard someone called my name.
"Carla!"

"Hey!" I said because honestly, I actually forgot her name.

She walked, run near me, so I remained standing outside while Billy is looking at us from his opened driver's seat door.

"Isn't that Billy?"

I looked at Billy, and somehow puzzled as to why she knew who Billy is.

"You're still the same old, Carla! Classmates tayo sa Soc Sci last time. And you never stopped talking about him"