Reunions....

Tom turned round, his face awash with tears. He wiped his cheek with the back of the hand he clutched the crumpled paper in. Taking a shuddering breath, he spoke, his voice cracked.

"Ali.... I... I don't know what to say...." he smiled through the tears as he watched his beautiful wife of only hours walk towards him.  She nodded, taking the paper, glancing at it with a smile and carefully putting it to one side.

"Don't say anything, just hold me? Hold me and tell me you'll never let me go." She ran her hands up his shirt front and under the lapels of his jacket, feeling his strong chest, his heartbeat, his warm body.

He was as good as her word. His arms snaked around her, feeling the delicate lace of her dress under his fingers. She was trembling, and he realised that even now, after their vows; the meal, the dance, the speeches, she was still his scared little kitten.

Her head against his chest, they stood in their room. Two figures moulded from the one piece of marble. This was as perfect a moment as either could ever have imagined.

"I love you." He said softly and looked down at her.  Nothing more, nothing less. She smiled. It was all he needed to say.

"And I love you." She stretched up on tiptoe. "And this is our wedding night." She whispered into his ear, her  breath warm on his neck.

"I do believe it is...." he scooped her into his arms, resting his forehead on hers."Oh darling, I do."

It would be a long, passionate night.

When she woke the next morning, tangled in the sheets and Tom's arms, she smiled contentedly. His head lay on her chest, his breath tickling her skin. She suppressed a giggle, not wanting to wake him.

When she gently sat up and moved his arms very carefully so she could go to the bathroom, she caught sight of the rose on Tom's discarded jacket.

Padding silently over the lush carpet, she carefully removed it, and together with the letter, put it into her handbag.  Later, it would be pressed. 

As she stood in the shower, the warm water cascading over her, she let her mind wander back to the previous day.

Tom had cried as he watched astonishment on face, as she walked down the aisle with his Dad. The minute she'd met Mr Hiddleston, in the vestibule waiting to come in, she'd known. He was every bit as lovely as Tom's mum. He'd kissed her cheek, told her she was far too beautiful for Tom, and that he was looking forward to gaining another daughter.

His genuine warmth and humour touched her deeply, especially after the events of the morning.  He'd hugged both her and Emma, then started to walk away when she'd caught his arm.

"Mr Hiddleston?"

"Yes, love?" His warm Scottish brogue flooded back over her.

"I... I was planning to walk myself, since I have no Father but..." she paused, gathering herself together, and he smiled, a little sparkle in his eye.

"I would be honoured, love." He held out his arm, and she linked hers with him.  Emma let out a little squeal, and as Ali quickly glanced round, she could see her, hand over her mouth, trying not to cry.

"Softie!" Ali whispered, and Emma grinned and nodded.

The ceremony had been short, which they were glad of, and the party afterwards, long and full of life and love. Which they were also glad of.

They left sometime around ten, claiming to have an early flight the next morning. It was a lie, but it was allowed.  Tom had wanted to treat her to a hotel, but she'd insisted she wanted to come home. 

Although inwardly disappointed, he didn't for one second let it show.  Whatever his girl wanted that would make the day perfect for her? That's what she got.

Now, next morning, he woke to find her gone from his arms.  He smiled and rolled onto his back, tangled in the sheets, arms behind his head.

He could hear the shower and the faint sound of singing.  Her singing.  He thought he'd never heard anything quite so.... awful, ever! Still, he'd never tell her so. She was happy, and God knew how much longer she would have even that.

Moments later, the water shut off, and she appeared, wrapped in her favourite fluffy robe, hair damp around her shoulders.  It had grown so much, it would be agony for her to lose it again. That was for another day.  Today was for honeymoons.

"Ah, you're awake!" She smiled and came and sat at the dressing table, rubbing her hair with a towel. "Good, it means I can blowdry my hair without tearing you from your beauty sleep." She smiled into the mirror as she began to comb her hair out.

Tom got up and stood, naked, behind her.  She grinned and flushed slightly, making him laugh.

" You're surely not shy kitten?" He teased gently, taking the comb from her hand and starting to do her hair for her. "Not after last night?"

He leaned down and kissed her neck, making her close her eyes and bite her lip. "Maybe I just have to walk around naked more often. Make it run of the mill." He spoke against her skin, his hands delving down the front of her robe and opening it. "Maybe you need to be naked, too."

"Maybe I do..." she moaned softly. "How long do we have?"

"A while." He murmured as he ran his hands over her, kissing her exposed flesh.  "A long while...."

They eventually made it to Heathrow around 3 pm. Their flight wasn't until 6.30, so they took advantage of the private lounge that went with their first class tickets.  Tom just wouldn't budge on that one.  "It's MY WIFE'S honeymoon, and she deserves it. I will only ever get one chance at this, so it's First Class all the way."

Ali had relented, not even knowing what that 'way' was.  Now she sat, champagne in hand, badgering him.
"Tell me tell me tell me tell me....." she recited with a giggle, and he rolled his eyes. The concierge service had meant they could check in simply by handing their documents to the lounge staff, and they would do the rest.  This way, he'd managed to keep the secret for just a little longer.  All she knew was it was mainly casual, with a few dressed up nights and hot.  Very hot.

"Ok, ok, if you calm down, I'll give you a clue.  We're going to be reunited with someone." He smiled enigmatically.

"But we just saw Chris and Elsa at the wedding?" She was confused. Who else lived somewhere 'hot'.

"It's not them." He said smugly. "It's someone younger, but with an old name..."

Ali sat for a moment, trying to work out the world's vaguest clue.  "Southern Hemisphere?"

"Yes."

"Not Australia."

"No."

"But that just leaves South America or Africa....?"

"And where do we have a connection, love?" Tom was enjoying this quiz immensely. He knew what was coming....

"Well, the only vague connection is our sponsorship of.... No!" Ali clapped a hand to her mouth, "No?"

Tom nodded. "Yes?"

"You dont mean... we're going... to see Loki?" 

Tom produced a photo on his phone of a now not-so-small cheetah sitting proudly on a Ranger's Landrover, looking at the sunset on the Masai Mara.

"We, my darling, are taking a trip to see how our favourite little Big Cat is settling in.  Safari and conservation trip - 2 weeks under canvas and a final week in a 5-star hotel, just to give you a little luxury before we go home."

Ali burst into tears and threw herself into his arms, making him laugh gently. "Oh Ali, if this is how you react to two weeks camping, God knows WHAT you'll do when you see the hotel love!"

As they boarded the plane a little later, Ali looked over at Tom, and it still gave her a thrill.  He really was here. They really were doing this.  She really was the luckiest girl in the world.

Luck was something she was going to need, in spades......