Blue Eyes....

"It's ok darling, I promise, it's ok...." he held her close as she broke her heart.

"I'm useless Tom, she won't settle for me, she cries all the time, she.... she HATES me...." Ali sobbed into his arms, all pretence at strength gone.

"Darling, you've done so well. You held us - ME - together throughout all this. You're amazing, darling. I can not begin to imagine the strength it took to do all that, but you're worn out. Your poor body, your poor mind. Emmy loves you, I love you. We want you to get better.  We want you to see yourself as we do. You are, quite simply, astonishing." He smiled down at her, the love and compassion emanating from his eyes, the depths of his passion from his arms.

"Oh, Tom! I'm so sorry. I feel so weak. Such a failure as a woman... so guilty..."

"Shhhhh darling. I know, it's ok, it's ok. " he held her close and stroked her back.  "Come on, let's sit down, and we can talk some more. Maybe Luke would babysit for us tonight? Let us go somewhere and just be us. Just talk. About everything, about nothing." He kissed her gently, and she nodded sheepishly.

"I'd like that... but my hair's a mess, and I can't remember the last time I put makeup on..." she smiled now, the ghost of the woman he knew she really was showing again.

"In THAT case, grab your coat. You've pulled!" He winked."I know someone who knows someone.  Hair, nails, and makeup on its way... NO arguments. Oh, and a new outfit. I know...." he held up a hand as she started to object, "I know you dont feel like 'you' yet and why on earth should you be expected to? You've performed a miracle, darling. You nurtured our baby, you carried it, and you gave birth to it. Of COURSE you're different. You're my superhero. Every line, every mark, every extra little ounce? A badge of your amazing abilities. And I, for one, want to worship every inch of you, whatever you may think."

Ali couldn't find the words. He was just... perfect. Since they say actions speak louder than words, she looked at him for a moment, "thank you" was all she whispered and grasped his face gently between her shaking hands. Tom smiled, and, returning it softly, Ali kissed him.  Slowly, intimately, like he was the sweetest thing she had ever tasted.

They parted with a soft sigh. "Come on, let's tell Luke he's got a date with a blue-eyed beauty tonight....."

They sat sipping their wine, looking out over the city.

"This is beautiful, I needed today - tonight - thank you." Ali smiled, and Tom shook his head.

"No darling, the view is pretty, but you? You are beautiful." He leaned across and kissed her. "God, I fancy you... do you think you can get away from your husband for the night?" He winked at her, and she blushed, feeling a delicious thrill course through her. 
"I'm sorry, I really don't think I should. I mean, he loves me very much and me? I worship him. So, thank you for your kind offer, I am flattered, but no. The only man I want to spend a night with?" She reached up and stroked his face softly, "is the father of my child, the love of my life." She kissed him deeply. "His name is Thomas Hiddleston, and he's my husband."

"He's a lucky man." Tom smiled, and Ali nodded, winking at him now.

"He knows it too!"

They laughed and sat back, sharing the moment. A waiter walked up and coughed discretely. "Madam? Sir? Your table is ready if you'd like to follow me?"

Tom stood and pulled Ali's chair out for her as she stood.  He held out his arm, and she threaded hers through his.  They followed the waiter from the secluded terrace they'd enjoyed, back into the hotel and through to the restaurant. Their table, discretely placed overlooking the Thames, was set with snowy cloth, silver flatware, and crystal glasses. 

Ali sat, and then Tom took his seat.  The waiter handed him a menu and a guest one to Ali.  It contained all the dishes Tom's did, just no prices.  She briefly looked up, and he winked at her.

"Your husband wants to show you just how lucky he knows he is!"

The waiter opened the bottle of champagne, currently chilling in the silver bucket next to them. The bottle made only a soft sigh, the proper way for it to be opened so as to preserve the fizz and the flavour.  

Pouring their glasses, he nodded and retreated to let them peruse the menu.  For a while, they sat in silence.  Then Ali looked up.

"Tom?"

"Yes, love?" He looked up at her, "Everything ok?" He reached out and gently grasped her hand.

She put down her menu, looking at him intently.  He thought her eyes had never looked so beautiful. She blinked and looked down, then back. "Can I tell you something? Something... terrible?"

"Oh darling, nothing you tell me could be terrible. You're just not the terrible type." He smiled gently.

She bit her scarlet glossed lip, and he thought he might expire there and then. "I'm not sure I want to eat anything." She said in a low voice, her lashed flashing across her cheeks and then up again. "Nothing on the menu anyway..."

Tom stood and held out his hand. "Bring your glass..." was all he said, his eyes glittering.

She stood, and clutching their champagne, they walked to the door. Reaching the Maitre'D, Tom paused.

"We have decided to dine in our room... We'll call you if we want any food." He grinned at Ali, who let out a giggle. The Maitre'D smiled indulgently as if it was the most run of the mill comment he'd ever heard.

"Certainly, Mr Hiddleston. Goodnight."

Tom pulled her by the hand towards the lift. As they waited, she turned to him with a surprised smile.

"B... but... we don't have a... do we?"

Tom pushed the button for the lift as he kissed her passionately. "Oh darling, you have no idea how much we do...."