CHAPTER 21

Kai was in the living room checking on the twins who were lying on the small soft blankie, they were babbling with one another saying stuff that didn't very much make any sense except for the small ones. Kai was on his fourth cup of coffee and it was barely noon, the twins were a month old and the stress was hitting him like there was no tomorrow. Fanum was always out of the house, busy between work and other things he had to do, Duke was at home but always busy working since the two alphas had decided to take things more seriously and into their own hands.

Fanum was working for an agency that paid off well, he didn't really go into the details of what he was doing and Duke was able to get a job as a financial planner, so from time to time he was able to help Kai with the children. Yes, the help was very little but enough to make Kai rest for some minutes without having to run around.

Jaiden was known in the house to be the crybaby just like Kai during his whole pregnancy, Anastasia was the calmer one between the two, because of her absence of eyebrows and the constant squeezing of her eyes, she looked angry every second exactly like Duke.

Right now Matìas was crying his lungs out, screamingout. Kai had tried feeding him naturally or through the bottle but the small boy hadn't agreed with it. The screams were getting louder by the second and soon after Anastasia also started wailing from the constant noise. "Shhh, baby it's okay!" Kai said in a whispered tone to calm both of the babies with no success. "Please, stop crying!!" Kai asked feeling tears flood his eyes. Tears started falling down his face, he sat on the floor swaying with his babies in his hands trying to get them to shut up for a moment.

Duke hearing all the noise decided to go and check, when he got downstairs he saw his Omega slightly sobbing in the middle of the floor holding his two babies while swaying his body in a calming way. The Omega looked detached from reality, his eyes staring at the TV with no emotions, tears flowing down his face. The first thing Duke did was place the twins on the small bedding by the couch.

"Kai, what is it?" Duke asked trying to snap the younger man from the trans he was in. "I can't" was all Kai said crying harder on Duke's shoulder, "What do you mean?" Duke asked knowing something was clearly wrong with the man he loved. "I can't fuking take care of them. I'm tired. It's fucking stressful" Kai replied feeling too wick to be a mother."Every time they cry I feel like I'm losing my mind and ... and" Kai added, stopping when he heard Matìas start to cry once more for no apparent reason.

That was Kai's last straw, he stood up from the floor and walked out of the house with a pair of car keys tightly wrapped in his hands. Duke didn't attempt to stop the man by any means since he knew that the poor Omega just needed some time for himself and was going to return back some time.

"Kai, what are you doing here?" His mother asked surprised to see his son looking like a cadaver who just got dug out from the pits of hell. Kai didn't say anything, he didn't have the words to explain how he was feeling at the moment, he entered the house directly walking towards the living room and sat on the couch. "Wanna talk?" the mother asked after she had brought a glass of water for the young man. "I'm just tired, why is it so stressful?" Kai asked referring to having kids. "Kai listen, you are just tired. Everything is going to be okay just calm down take a break and go back!" The woman gave her son some advice. "I ain't trusting those two with my kids" Kai answered, to him all this felt like some kind of prison no way to go out of that situation for the next eighteen years.

"Then go home and ask them to help you a little bit more," his mother said again, wiping the tears from Kai's face away. "All this went too fast and I miss being pregnant, all the princess treatment disappeared, and my want to do anything was out of the window. They won't fuck me because I'm still too 'frail', they are always at work, Fanum is never home, he calls once in a while before he comes back home at night and Duke works from home but I cannot stress him by asking for more attention." Kai explained the full situation emphasising his sex life being dead, buried alive. "Bring the babies over for the wicked and have your fun!" The woman suggested to Kai not even leave any way for Kai to protest with the demand of his mother.