SIDE STORY 1

CHAPTER 1

12 years ago

Din opened the front door of the house. He just returned way too early for his own good from school. The constant migraine that began earlier that morning made him feel sick to his stomach. "Hello!" he greeted, waiting a few seconds for someone to answer. He hoped no one replied. It was better if no one was at home than being screamed out because he had been at school for just two hours before returning.

The first few seconds were silent. He still waited a couple of seconds to make sure. Just the small steps of their family dog walking around the living room. He left a huge amount of air he didn't even know he had been holding for the last minute. When he was definite no person was in the house he made his way straight to the kitchen.

His bag was on the floor, lying empty. Din by the sink taking big gulps of water. He felt his throat dry and sandy, so itchy he felt like the only way out was to stick his finger in his throat and scratch the tissue until it was raw.

When the consistent itch stopped, he sighed, placed his hands on his face, and stayed like that for a few seconds. Din started feeling disy at the same time. His head felt wavy and his vision oscillated from left and right. He took this as a warning to hide towards his bedroom and take a nap.

The walk to his room felt impossible. His legs went heavy from second to second, pain shooting in his pelvis area. The consuming back pain gave him no mercy. By the time he arrived by the door of his room, he was panting heavily, feeling heat pull all over his body. "Fuck" he groaned out, leaving his backpack by the entrance of his shared room.

he flung the door open feeling like his body was catching fire. The temperature in the room hit him at full force. The scorching heat is increased by the sun biting on the window and sipping into the room. Plus the combined hiter which he had forgotten to turn off.

He walked towards his bed stripping pieces of clothing while making his walk towards the bed. His underwear was the only piece of clothing on him when he got to his bed. Din threw his body on the bed, praying that both sides of his pillow were freezing cold. But nothing.

everything felt hot, burning, felt like fire was right against his body. Turning off and on every once in a while. At first, he thought he was having a mild fever. But it had felt different this time since the beginning.

Din decided to make his way towards the window and opened it wide open, making sure the curtains were out of the way and letting enough breeze no matter how small touch his skin for a few seconds. When he felt like it was good enough he went back towards his bed, snatching the phone from the inner pocket of his bag and texting some of his friends at school.

He told them he might not come to school for the next day or two because he felt like shit. They all answered with Okay, and Don't worry.

"11.30" he read out loud, calculating at the same time how many hours he still had before someone from his family returned home to disturb the perfect quietness of the home. For him, he had like another four hours of mercy before everything in the house would start to be overwhelming to him.

And then he fell asleep. The absolute darkness took over him in less than a few seconds. He slayed on the cold floor of his room, slightly snoring from how comfortable he was feeling at the moment. Every once in a while he would spin over to get the next small piece of the floor that was cold enough to soothe the painful heat in his body which started building up more and more.

-----------------

The first person to arrive at the house was his older brother who came back home. The man was silent enough not to wake up or alert Din that someone had returned home quite too early from his calculations. The older sibling was sitting on the couch watching something on the TV at full volume. This was what woke up Din from his nap.