CHAPTER 30

Duke sat beside the bed holding Fanum's hand tightly, wishing that if he tightened his grip the Alpha would react, but any futile attempt was discarded. Kai was sitting at the end of the bed tickling the man's feet, also hoping something would have woken his mate up. "Wake, up!" Kai screamed pressing down on the glands on the man's ankles.

Beside the hospital bed, there was a single big hospital prawn with two small babies wrapped in blue swaddles deeply asleep. They hadn't yet given a name to any of the two, waiting for Fanum to give them a name. "Nigga, come on. You can't do this to us" He broke down in tears, letting them sip down his cheeks and down his neck.

Some minutes later a lady came inside of the room asking for the names of the two little boys who were deep asleep. "So do you guys have a name, it has been a full day and we can't wait anymore for your mate to wake up" she gently explained while arranging some of the drips connected to Fanum's wrists.

Duke paid little to no attention to the Beta talking to them. Kai on the other hand was thinking about some names Fanum had been obsessed with before falling unconscious. "The baby with the mole on his lip is Alejandro Raul Dennis-Gonzalez and the last one is Archie Cesar Dennis-Gonzalez," Kai explained, moving away from the bottom of Fanums legs to go and meet the little pups.

The woman nodded at the information, writing down the names and greeting the couple before leaving the room with a warm smile.

This time for the birth of the second twins nobody came to congratulate them, their phones were silent. They hadn't told anything to the fans for the past year and a half. They all said they were just going on a long break from the media and taking some time for themselves.

The day after they were at home, adjusting to the fact that now they had four kids to take care of and one less person to help. Kai was more than okay to do the work by himself. Anastasia and Jaiden were going to turn one in a few months which meant they only disturbed him for food and a change of their nappy.

Anastasia was always on her own in the corner of their play pan trying to learn how to walk on her own without holding onto something. She had grown to look even more like Duke. The same identical grin while smiling with the little chubby skin on her face stretching and creating those line marks. Her eyes are still round and soft dark brown. Her hair was a curly mess, going in all directions more like his hair than Duke's own. She has started teething and anything in her reach was a victim of being bitten into with no mercy.

Jaiden grew up to have Fanum's long hair, which Kai had started braiding to get him used to the procedure. His eyes were the same brown and thin lips with a small mole in the middle of them. He on the other hand was already walking, falling very often but most of the time he was able to keep up by himself to get what he wanted. He was now as calm as his twin sister, he wouldn't cry anymore for the smallest of things.

So basically his hands were free for most of the time. In the meantime Duke proposed to be the one staying in the hospital with Fanum, to take care of the man as well as signing all the papers for any uneventful situation.

At the moment Alejandro and Archie were sleeping in his hands, searching for the heat of the person that had given birth to them. Their tiny hands, with barely any strength and so soft they felt like a loaf of bread, were in the middle of the air looking for any scent gland to be rubbed on their cheeks to feel protected, and that is what Kai did. Holding the babies up to his face and nuzzling his face in their cheeks to bathe them in his scent.

He kept on scenting the babies for minutes, knowing that the first three days in the hospital they couldn't smell anything since their mother was out of it.