SIDE STORY 2

CHAPTER 2

Jason remained in the room, keeping an eye on his younger brother. Checking his temperature every so often and bringing enough ice cubes to create an igloo, just to make him munch on them to try and decrease his body temperature.

He kept asking over and over again whether his brother felt okay or if he needed something. "Din" a voice called him, trying to get his attention but Din was in the complete hase of his heart, his brain fogging drastically at a fast speed. "Din?" Jason called again, stretching his hand forward to try and snap the little one out of the fog of his brain. When his hand was just mere millimeters away from his brother's hand Din finally snapped back.

He didn't say a single word instead he just stared inside of his brother's eyes as a way to say that he was listening.

Jason took a deep breath before shouting out as silently but as loud as possible his question "Do you have anyone that has presented as an alpha to help you?" It felt wrong to ask this question to his baby brother. To invade and direct but he had nothing else he could actually say. There was no chance he would call one of his own friends to help his baby brother during his first heat. Way too dangerous.

"What do you mean," Din asked, confusion noticeable as day covered his facial features. The presenting Omega looked at his brother more intensively, waiting for some sort of explanation. "I mean" Jason began, clearing his throat with a loud purposely made cough before continuing the explanation. "It's better if you have someone to help you through your heat" he continued voice wavering every so often. The situation awkward and stressful for the older man who was mentally slapping himself at every word he uttered.

Din didn't wait any more time before saying 'no'. He also felt like these questions were invading his privacy way too much. "I'm okay alone" Din added, holding the hems of the covers together against his body as a form of protection and as a way for his brother to understand he didn't feel comfortable with this kind of conversation.

But Jason didn't stop with the questions. He was asking for the Omega's own good because by the time his father smelt this odor it might be the end for his younger brother. "You know it's better if you just choose someone you know" he started again, waiting for Din to agree and let him stop there without him having to go too much into detail."Or Dad is going to find you someone and that's not gonna be good" But still Din wasn't listening, he didn't want to think about later but right now his main focus was now.

Jason sighed in defeat knowing that whatever he said wasn't going to change anything. He stood up from the floor, arranging his shirt and his trousers. Something he did when he felt overwhelmed and stressed by whatever situation he was in. "If you change your idea tell me," he said making his way toward the door of the room. "Where are you going?" Din asked, his voice frail and calm.

"I can't stay in the room, dynamics are weird. Staying in this room is like a death sentence for the both of us" Jason explained quickly shutting the door behind him before his brother could even let a little puff of air out of his lungs once more.

And in less than five minutes he was home alone once more. He felt like crying was the only way out this time. No amount of food or pain could help him forget or help him calm down enough to have rational thought. The pain in his lower body grew stronger by the second. His legs felt like mashed potatoes smashed on the floor at the speed of light. His head pounding inside of his ear was so loud he felt like he was going deaf for a moment.

Then the final symptoms of the presentation accrued so fast but lasted so long that his body probably went into shock by the force and pain that hit him. His heart rate spiked up like crazy. The only thing he could do was clutch the area of his chest where the pain was more intense and cry. Just cry at the feeling of having his chest beating harshly against his rib cage. His mouth opened down wide trying to catch as much air as possible.