Chapter 1: Introduction

In the corridors of Crestwood University.
a group of 5 friends forged enigmatic bonds that was not typical and it concealed untold stories.
At the heart of this circle
Joshua, a senior baseball player with a towering 6'2 frame spikey shirt blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. His cocky charisma veiled a secret carefully guarded beneath a confident exterior.

And Hannah, a senior and former cheerleader with long brunette hair and a passionate fire inside her, She was Joshua's girlfriend and added entertainment to the group.

And Michael a laid-back junior with messy brown hair and a skinny but tall frame. He infused the group with his pursuits, and was Joshua's best friend throughout high school.

And then there was Emma, a studious sophomore with long jet black hair and tanned skin and was a soccer player in highschool before a leg injury, she brought a love for competition and showed loyalty for everyone she knew.

Lastly Tyler, a senior computer science major with an ever-present beanie over his long blonde hair. Usually peaceful and focused on coding, he bonded with Joshua through his friend Michael at a birthday party.

Their lives had been forever changed a year prior to today, as a haunting memory etched into the fabric of their friendship. Kayla, the sixth friend of the group, Joshua's ex-girlfriend, and Hannah's best friend, had been brutally murdered on campus. The echoes of that tragedy lingered, casting shadows over their once carefree camaraderie and forever altering the course of their intertwined journey.

In the narrow hallway of Crestwood University, emotions simmered as the conversation delved into the haunting past. Michael, the laid-back friend couldn't't hold back the mounting frustration any longer. "You moved on too quickly, Joshua I don't agree with you getting with Hannah only a month after Kayla died and it's so hard to not bring up now that she's been gone a year as of today" he accused, eyes ablaze with a mix of anger and disappointment. "You started dating Hannah right after Kayla's death, and it felt like a betrayal."

Joshua's eyes hardened, and the air thickened with tension as the friends found themselves on the precipice of a confrontation. Joshua was defending his decision to get with Hannah saying they were there for each other and Kayla Wouldn't want them to be sad as he got mad over the words said.

As the exchange grew more heated, the threat of a physical confrontation loomed. Fists clenched, they stood in the narrow hallway, the weight of unresolved emotions pushing them toward the brink.

In the critical moment, Tyler, usually the silent observer, emerged from the shadows. "Enough!" he declared with a commanding presence, stepping between them. His intervention prevented the conflict from escalating into a full-blown confrontation.

Just as the hallway seemed to exhale a collective sigh of relief, the nearby television screen flickered to life with breaking news. The campus news anchor reported a chilling headline—another murder on campus. Jessica, a young woman, had met the same fate as Kayla a year prior.

The shock of the announcement hung in the air, momentarily eclipsing the tension between Joshua and Michael. Dread settled over the hallway as the friends absorbed the grim reality—the murderer they believed was put to rest had returned, echoing the same sinister pattern from the past.

The argument and near confrontation became a distant memory as the weight of the unfolding tragedy refocused their attention. In that chilling moment, bonds of the friends were tested once again, their shared history binding them together in the face of a malevolent force that seemed determined to rewrite the haunting echoes of the past.

After the hallway clash, an uncomfortable silence settled among the friends. Michael's words had stirred up tension, leaving the group on shaky ground. Joshua, known for his brash demeanor, retreated into an angry silence burdened by accusations about his relationship with Hannah he rolled his eyes and tried to not let his anger win.

Hannah walking by and getting caught in the middle, lashed out at Tyler and Michael, fueling the flames of the conflict. "How dare you talk to Joshua that way! He's more upset over Kayla's death than anyone else here! Don't judge him for loving me and helping me through losing my best friend!"
Emma observed the group with concern. The friend faced the challenge of navigating this situation and Loyalty, a big part of her, was put to the test.

Michael, usually chill, found himself at the center of the storm he'd created and he felt bad but he still felt deep down that Hannah and Joshua relationship still made him kind of uncomfortable.

Hannah's anger at Tyler and Michael escalated more as she began to insult the two saying neither of them know pain like her and Joshua do and accusing Michael of being jealous because she turned him down in the 8th grade when he had a Crush on her.
drawing Emma into the argument. Emma, frustrated with Hannah's accusations, asserted her belief that the murderer of Jessica could be the same person who killed Kayla and that it was more important than arguing over their relationship and insulting their good friend over pity stupid things from 8th grade.

Hannah sighed and said sorry and The friends faced the harsh truth that Crestwood University once a place of laughter and great bonds now harbored unsolved mysteries around their murdered friend Kayla who was truly the glue of their group. And would have surely prevented this type of argument.

Emma talked sense into all 4 of them and Michael apologized to Joshua for bringing up something that he knew would have made him angry.

And Hannah apologized to Michael and Tyler for being so mean.

Meanwhile Joshua said he didn't have anything to be sorry over since Michael started the situation and knew he had anger issues he deals with, and suggested they should look into the murder of Jessica though because it could be a lead to getting peace for Kayla and Hannah grabbed his shoulder agreeing but reluctant.

Emma agreed it was a great idea but they should be smart about it.

Michael and Tyler also were on board and the friends agreed to work together and discover the truth that was haunting Crestwood University.