Chapter 22: Karma & Fury

Joshua walked up to Hector by the dumpster interrupting his phone call.
"Hector we need to talk so we can understand what you know about Jessica and Kayla I know last time didn't quite go as well, but I'm not looking to get you in any trouble if you didn't have any involvement."

Hector however remained defiant arms crossed and a steely gaze fixed on Joshua.
"I ain't got nothing to say to you Mr baseball, I don't know nothing about those girls and I don't gotta talk to you if you aren't police and don't have a warrant."

Undeterred Joshua continued
"Hector we know you at least know something you were in the area during the day Jessica died and we know you have somebody helping you. We're not here to accuse you of murder we're here to find the truth and this would be easier if you just cooperated a little."

Hannah growing impatient with Hector's uncooperative stance interjected
"Stop playing stupid games Hector We know about your drug dealings your connection with Ashley and your child with her you haven't told anyone of. Speak up or things will get more complicated for you and I can just spill all these secrets to everyone."

Hector agitated by the accusations, snapped back "My personal life and dealings ain't your business. I ain't no murderer just 'cause I sell some stuff. How do you even know anything about me and Ashley who told you."

Hannah fueled by frustration decided to confront Hector more directly.
"You're a drug dealer Hector. You got Ashley pregnant and now you're connected to the deaths of Jessica and Kayla I know you murdered them you have guilty written all over your ugly face, how does it feel knowing you won't get to watch your kid grow up from prison? You're a murderer and a piece of shit and my boyfriend Joshua can whoop your ass."

The dumpster became a battleground of words, emotions and escalating tension. In a sudden burst of anger Hector threw a punch at Joshua, connecting with his face as Joshua hit the floor.

Joshua yelled out
"Fuck, Hannah why the fuck would you anger him!"

Hector bent down grabbing and holding Joshua up against the wall
He yelled furious
"Did You break into my fucking house? Huh? Is that why you know about my stash and my kid?"

Joshua sore and determined yells back
"It wasn't even fucking me you Bastard I just wanted to know if you can fucking help solve a murder case that's important to me because your name was in some files!"

Hannah meanwhile is yelling for Joshua to beat Hectors ass
"Joshua don't let him do this to you, he's just a lowlife!"

Hector snapped back at Hannah
"Shut up you loud mouth fucking bitch, don't judge my life without knowing what you're talking about, I'm not a damn murderer!"
He shouted as he dropped Joshua down against the wall.

Hector spoke
"You wanna know what I know about Jessica? All I know is Edward talked to her early that day and then she left with another friend and nobody saw her again, I don't know anything else about it, the only crimes I have done are to support my family and I pay a guy here and there to help me pull things off, but I'm not s murderer despite what your spoiled little bitch over there says."

Joshua getting up brushed the dirt off his legs
"Okay Hector, I believe you, I'm sorry about getting involved with your business, the break-in and about Hannah insulting you."

Hannah scoffed and yelled
"Sorry for me!? He's the one who fucking started this shit! Why should either of us be sorry!"

Joshua snapped yelling at Hannah
"No if you had listened to me from the start I wouldn't have a black eye right now! So how about you start taking some responsibility for once! I mess up and I know I do, I regret a lot of things I do but I can admit when I'm wrong! So please spare me another speech of why you think Hector is the murderer without proof."

Hannah sighed.

Joshua again spoke
"Hannah, you need to start thinking before you speak! You escalated the situation and that's why I'm now nursing a sore face.'

Joshua mind thinking
"I guess this is what I deserve after what I did to Randy" though not saying it aloud near Hector.

Hannah unyielding in her stance shot back "Don't put this on me Joshua! He's a drug dealer and you just believed his shitty story I'm not buying it he's involved somehow and we need to find evidence against him."

As they continued arguing, Hector having heard enough decided to leave the scene. He walked away casting a glance back at Joshua and Hannah. Surprisingly he stopped for a moment and offered a piece of advice to Joshua
"You should reconsider being with a girl like that man she's gonna drag you down and be nothing but trouble"

Hannah overhearing Hector's comment, exploded with anger
"Who the hell does he think he is? A lowlife like him has no right to give relationship advice!"

Joshua caught between the two conflicting sides, tried to diffuse the tension
"Hannah, let it go. He's just trying to provoke us. We need to focus on finding the real killer, not getting into arguments with Hector."

Hannah however refused to back down
"No.Joshua! We can't let him disrespect us like this.We need to show him that we won't be intimidated and he can't talk to me like that not to mention he is the killer!"

As Hector walked away fully Hannah unleashed a torrent of heated words
"You fat drug dealing piece of shit! You have no right to talk about our relationship. Keep your advice to yourself, and maybe learn how to use a damn condom to avoid more bastard children!"

Joshua realizing that the situation was getting out of hand, tried to reason with Hannah, "Come on we need to regroup with the others and figure out our next steps in a better way."

Hannah her frustration still palpable declared "No Joshua! I'm going home on my own. I don't wanna see or speak to you for the rest of the night after Hector just made you his bitch!"

Joshua torn between the unfolding chaos and the need to regroup with the others watched as Hannah walked off disappearing into the night. He took a moment to collect himself his face still sore from Hector's punch.

With a heavy heart Joshua turned away from the direction Hannah had gone deciding to drive back to Emma's dorm alone. The weight of the unresolved tension lingered as he navigated the darkened streets pondering the events that had transpired.

As Joshua reached Emma's dorm, he found the others waiting, their faces reflecting a mix of concern and curiosity. Emma and Tyler exchanged glances, silently acknowledging the absence of Hannah and the bruise on Joshua's face.