Chapter 6: Reveal Mystery?

The night has come and Michael had decided not to tell the others as he and Tyler sat alone thinking of what could happen next.

Tyler spoke simply stating
"I hope this was the right decision, I feel really bad lying to Emma and the others."

Michael
"I know I don't like hiding secrets either but I don't want to risk this guy seeing others and not coming or deciding not to tell us anything at all."

Tyler interrupted
"But what if he tells you not to tell others what he tells us, then what? Will you keep that secret too?"

Michael's mind wrestled with the weight of the decision he had made. The secrecy gnawed at him, but the possibility of obtaining crucial information about the murders kept him in a state of conflict. He sighed heavily, contemplating the potential consequences of his choice.

Michael replied, his voice tinged with uncertainty, "I don't like the idea of keeping more secrets, but if what this guy knows can help us solve the murders and bring justice for Kayla and Jessica, then maybe it's a risk we have to take. We can figure out what to do next based on the information he gives us regardless of what he tells us to do with it."

Tyler nodded, understanding the dilemma. "Just be prepared for whatever this mystery man reveals, if it's significant, we might need to bring it to the group even if it goes against his wishes. Our loyalty is to finding the truth and protecting others, not to some anonymous informant."

The night unfolded with tension, the campus settling into an eerie stillness. Michael and Tyler waited in the designated meeting spot behind the campus shadows playing tricks on their minds. The slow build of suspense matched the beat of their hearts as they anticipated the arrival of the mysterious informant.

As the minutes ticked away the two's anxiety mounted. The slow build of anticipation.
Finally they saw a grey van pulling up next to them which the two would assume is the Mystery man who knows what happened to Jessica, and maybe Kayla.

The side door of the grey van creaked open, revealing a dimly green lit interior. A figure shrouded in darkness stepped out, wearing a hoodie pulled low over their face. The slow build of suspense reached its peak as the mysterious informant approached Michael and Tyler.

The informant's voice, disguised and muffled by the hoodie, broke the silence, "You came alone, just as I asked. Good. There's something you need to know, something about Jessica's murder."

The tension in the air was palpable as Michael and Tyler leaned in, desperate for answers. The informant continued, "I saw her that day, near the old abandoned building behind the campus. There was someone with her, someone I couldn't quite see. They were arguing, and then... I heard a scream from her."

The revelation hung in the air, a chilling realization that the informant had witnessed a crucial moment leading to Jessica's death. Michael's mind raced with questions, but before he could speak, the informant added a sinister twist, "But here's the catch. If you want more information, you'll have to follow my instructions carefully. And you can't share this with anyone, not even your friends not Emma, Joshua and especially not Hannah."

I've been watching everyone at the campus for a long time now and I've seen a lot of things hidden from students, I've seen lying, I've seen fights, I've seen murders last year and this year happen."

Michael interrupted
"You saw Kayla's murder too!?"

The mystery man hushed him
"Shut up will you, I'm trying to help but if you tell anyone it could get me in trouble, but yes I saw the night Kayla vanished just as I saw the day that Jessica did a few days ago. The police have been trying to get information all around this area but have failed and Crestwood employees are nothing more than useless, I'm the guy who watches over this place and protects it from what I can, even if it's not ethnical."

Michael and Tyler sat unsure what to do with all of this information they have gained from this Mysterious man that has told them not to do anything with the information.

The informant gave the two boys a goodbye and said he would contact them again soon as long as they follow the instructions.

As Michael processed the information a surge of conflicting emotions washed over him. The weight of the secrets he now had to hold, and the ethical dilemma of whether to follow the mysterious man's instructions or to tell his friends.

Tyler usually the voice of reason glanced at Michael
"We need to tread carefully here If we don't comply we might lose a chance to uncover the truth more with this spy on our side but if we do we risk compromising our the trust of our friends and I don't like lying, I think we should tell them."

Michael shock his head in disagreement "No, We can't let emotions cloud our judgment I dislike lying too but we need to prioritize the safety of others and ensure justice is served and this guy is our only chance right now."

Tyler said back
"But how do we know if this guy can be trusted we don't even know his name and barely could see him over the hood and darkness?"

Meanwhile, back in the dorms, Emma, Joshua, and Hannah remained oblivious to the secret meeting behind the campus. The tension between Emma and Hannah lingered still.
Joshua torn between his emotions and the desire for justice paced in his room, unaware of the choices being made in the shadows and unable to sleep.

The slow build of suspense reached its peak as Michael and Tyler burdened with newfound knowledge left the mysterious meetup spot and returned to their friends at the campus The weight of the night's revelations rested heavily on their shoulders as they grappled with the decisions that would shape the course of their investigation and friendships.

The mysteries surrounding Crestwood University were far from unraveling. The pieces of the puzzle were scattered, and each choice made in the coming days would determine whether the truth would prevail or be forever concealed in the shadows like the mystery man.

Michael laid down feeling bad of the secret he held but knew he had to keep it.

Tyler sat starring out his window thinking of how he could tell the others without betraying Michael and not losing their mystery informant.