Chapter 21: Extra Extra Read All About It

The Next day.
Tyler and Emma found themselves standing outside Frederick's apartment a few blocks down from the university, his space stacked with articles research materials, and the essence of journalism. As they knocked on the door they anticipated shedding light on Frederick's approach to seeking the truth and any potential motives he might have in this case.

Frederick an experienced news writer with an air of wisdom opened the door with a welcoming smile.
"Ah Tyler Keller and Emma Azolone is it? what brings you here?" he inquired.

Tyler taking the lead, responded
"We're investigating the murders of Jessica and Kayla. We're interested in understanding your principles when it comes to seeking the truth in your stories Have you ever taken extreme measures for a story?"

Frederick invited them inside motioning towards the living room cluttered with newspapers and notes.
"Please, have a seat Investigating murders, huh? That's quite a leap from the usual news stories."

As they settled in Emma added
"We're trying to explore every Option and Understanding the motives behind stories might help us unravel these tragic deaths."

Frederick nodded sipping his morning coffee thoughtfully.
"In journalism truth is paramount. I've pursued challenging stories throughout high school and now In college I'm used to getting into uncomfortable truths but I draw the line at compromising morals for sensationalism, I would rather have no stories at all then do something wrongful to get one, Informing the public should never come at the cost of exploiting individuals or compromising the integrity of the story."

Emma leaned forward intrigued.
"Have you ever faced backlash or encountered motives that might lead someone to harm the subjects of your stories?"

Frederick leaned back, contemplating the question.
"Backlash is part of the job when you uncover uncomfortable truths it's expected however, I can't imagine my stories leading to such tragic consequences like murder personal motives on the other hand are plausible people sometimes act unpredictably when their secrets are exposed."

The conversation dived deeper into Frederick's experiences.
Emma asking
"Have you ever covered a story involving Kayla or Jessica, or have they ever given you a story involving somebody else that might've upset someone?"

Frederick Shook his head
"No I never had any story involving either of those girls except for the tragic tales of their murders and I've only ever announced them on the campus TV after the murders as well."

Emma and Tyler thanked Frederick for his time before leaving his apartment with more of an understanding on how he does his job but it didn't help them figure rather or not he would been guilty, because after all him being out and about makes alot of sense with him covering all of the college news after all, any sports event, school contest, or just about any situation he was there covering it for everyone to know.

As Tyler and Emma stepped out of Frederick's apartment the crisp morning air surrounded them. They found a quiet spot to discuss their impressions of the Crestwoodnews writer.

Tyler started
"Well that was an interesting visit. Frederick seems genuine about his dedication to truth in journalism."

Emma nodded in agreement
"Yeah, he's been covering various stories around the campus.It doesn't seem like he's hiding anything if anything, his commitment to the truth might be a valuable asset in our investigation."

Tyler rubbed his chin thoughtfully
"True.He's everywhere because it's his job to be Covering events reporting news that's just what he does it's not like he's purposely inserting himself into these situations."

Emma chimed in
"And he made it clear that he draws a line at compromising morals for sensationalism. I don't think he'd risk his reputation or involve himself in something sinister."

Tyler agreed
"Exactly Being present at different events on campus doesn't make him a suspect. If anything his extensive coverage might help us."

Emma concluded "Let's cross him off the list also once we meet up with everyone later on, we need to focus on other leads.

Meanwhile, in a different part of the city back at campus Michael geared up for another conversation with Randy.
As Michael entered Mrs Whittaker's Library he saw Randy seated across a long table.
Randy greeted Michael with a nod
"Back again, huh? I've already told you everything I know but you can feel free to sit and talk."

Michael acknowledged Randy's statement.
"We appreciate your cooperation.Randy. We're just trying to get a clearer picture. You were there that night to help Hector correct?"

Randy affirmed
"That's right i was there to assist Hector, nothing more, I'm still very upset over the news from the last time we spoke."

Michael decided just to press a little further.
"Is there anything even the smallest detail that you might have overlooked or forgotten? Anything that could be relevant to understanding what happened to Jessica and Kayla?"

Randy sighed running a hand through his hair. "I've racked my brain fully all I know is last week I was helping Hector by being a distraction per usual to get security out of the area I assume it was for his drug dealings, I wish I could give you more but I've told you everything I know my main focus was on helping Hector and I don't pay attention to much else during it."

Michael thanked randy for his time and left the Library.

Michael Called up Tyler after this and told him that Randy was only guilty of helping Hector once again and they could safely mark him off later and would further discuss it all later when they meet up again.

Simultaneously Joshua and Hannah geared up for a confrontation with Hector.
As they found him outside the campus near the dumpster on his cellphone.
the atmosphere was charged with tension. Joshua adopting a calm and measured approach this time knowing Hector could be very dangerous was going to initiate the questioning and told Hannah to just watch his back and not to get too close to Hector.