Chapter 32: Lies Lead To Demise

The night still under way.
A convergence of destinies unfolded as Hannah, Emma, Tyler, and Michael all arrived at the baseball field simultaneously.
The stadium lights flickered casting an eerie glow on their faces as their paths finally intersected.

Emma catching sight of Hannah couldn't hold back her frustration and lashed out
"What're you doing here this late!?"

Hannah taking a deep breath replied
"Emma before you get mad or accuse me of anything I just came to apologize to Joshua because he wasn't at his dorm and I need to talk to all of you later and explain myself I know."

Michael interjected his voice carrying urgency "That's great that you want to say sorry and all Hannah I'm proud to see it, but we're here to talk to Joshua too about something very important, we think Kevin and Matt might be the killers and Joshua was on his way to directly confront them over it."

A look of terror washed over Hannah's face. "Kevin and Matt? Those creeps he plays baseball with? They are the killers? And he's alone with them!? Why aren't you guys with him?"

Tyler in a calming tone explained
"We all split up like usual, Emma went to talk to you earlier and me and Michael got information from Jack that led us to think Matt and Kevin are the killers maybe and that was after Joshua was already headed to talk to them, but we're not certain they're guilty."

Emma sensing the gravity of the situation interrupted
"Yes but we can't sit here and discuss this. We need to find Joshua now!"

The four fueled by a renewed sense of purpose scattered across the field checking every conceivable hiding spot and area, The weight of their collective concern hung in the air, pushing them to work together again in their shared mission to find Kevin, Matt and Joshua.

the group moved with a sense of urgency their collective breaths visible in the cool night air,
A unity forged in their shared concern for Joshua overshadowed past conflicts, at least for the time being.

As they were split up looking.
Tyler's focused search led him to a surprising discovery.
Matt laying on the ground unconscious with a bruised face and a cut on his arm. One of his arms was tied to a bench.
Tyler shook Matt awake his voice urgent
"Matt what happened here? Are Joshua and Kevin here!?"

Blinking in disorientation Matt groggily replied with tears in his eyes
"I it, it was Joshua he came in like a mad man his anger overcoming him like the incredible hulk, he beat me up really bad and tied me here and went after Kevin, he said he's gonna come back with Kevin and beat both of us up until we spill the beans! He's gone crazy Tyler!"

Concern etched on Tyler's face he asked
"Are you okay? I can't believe Joshua would do something like this again I thought he learned after Randy."

Matt crying
"We already showed him our innocent Tyler, we have an alibi, if you can untie me I'll show you a video of where we were the night all of those murders happened!"

Tyler nodded
"Yeah I can do that, I'm sorry Joshua lashed out like that."

As Tyler helped Matt to his feet Matt suddenly pulled a knife from his pocket and with a swift motion stabbed Tyler in the gut.
Shocked Tyler crumpled to the ground clutching his stomach in pain.
Matt took advantage of the moment making a hasty escape to find and assist his buddy Kevin.

Emma's scream pierced the night silence when she found Tyler on the ground clutching his stomach just moments later. Michael and Hannah rushed over after hearing the noise shocked at the sight.

Michael gasped in shock
"Tyler who did this to you?"

Hannah covering her mouth in disbelief listened as Tyler spoke through coughs of blood
"Matt... he lied to me. Him and Kevin are after Joshua. He needs help. Please find him."

Michael looked at Emma with urgency in his eyes "Can you take Tyler to the hospital while me and Hannah go after these murderers.?"

Through tears Emma nodded
"Yes, I won't let Tyler die Go get that bastard Matt."

Ignoring her old leg injury that made her unable to play soccer again.
Emma picked up Tyler and ran toward the hospital inside the college at full speed.

Tyler coughing
"Emma, your leg you can't run like this."

Emma shushing Tyler
"Shut up you idiot, I'm not letting you fucking die, I love you."

Emma finally admitted through tears afraid to lose him.

Meanwhile Michael and Hannah found some bats in the stadium to use as weapons, walked through the stadium determined to confront the looming threat posed by Kevin and Matt.

Michael holding a wooden bat he found and
Hannah clutching a metal bat engraved with a message from Kayla she found on Joshuas bench place it was the first Valentine's gift Kayla gave Joshua.
Hannah whispered "I'm sorry Kayla I'm sorry I was so jealous of you and Joshua and Joshua i promise I won't let you die." The weight of their shared history and the impending danger fueled her determination to protect him.

As Emma burst into the campus hospital, yelling for help she held Tyler, who was drifting out of consciousness.
Emma yelled
"Don't you dare pass out on me!"
"Somebody please help!"

A nurse rushed to the scene with horror in her eyes
"Oh my god I'll get a doctor now!"
The nurse ran to find a doctor and the doctor arrived with a gurney to transport Tyler into an emergency room.

Emma ran beside him holding his hand
"You're gonna fucking make it, you hear me!" She said through tears.
The doctor swiftly rolled Tyler into an emergency room as Emma continued to express her determination
"You're gonna make it!"
She cried refusing to let despair take hold.