Chapter 7: The Truth & Storm

The next morning came and it was a gloomy raining day.

Emma woke up calling Tyler after she had washed her face and got dressed.
She confessed to him about feeling lost again.
"We keep looking and trying to make peace with this, this is the second time in the last year, and I just wish we had some kind of lead, or knew anything, I don't want to think maybe Hannah is right and it's just a coincidence and they're not connected murders but they have to be."

Tyler sighed
"Emma last night when me and Michael weren't at the dorms we were meeting a guy who was a Mystery informant and he told us not to meet with anyone else and to not tell anyone, but I can't lie to you and the others, and I doubt he even finds out I told you, but please don't be mad at Michael for not telling you he didn't want to lose the lead and he thinks the guy will know if he tells."

Emma was in disbelief
"You mean we have proof that it's the same person that killed Jessica that killed Kayla?"

Tyler told her it seemed so.

And they all planned to go to a local coffee shop far away from Crestwood University to discuss it without risk of the informant finding out, and Michael would find out Emma knows when they arrive.

A few hours passed and they all had arrived to the coffee shop,
Tyler and Emma were the first ones there that showed up together,
Then Michael showed up seeing them together and Michael asked Tyler if he had said anything which Emma responded
"I already know everything Tyler filled me in but don't worry we're far enough away to where the informant won't know we're meeting about it and if he did see it he would assume we are just hanging out."

Michael had a sinking out of anxiety and was unhappy that Tyler had told Emma.
He spoke
"Does Joshua and Hannah know too?"

Emma began to spoke but was interrupted but Joshua behind Michael who just showed up
Joshua spoke
"Do I know what?"

Michael then became more anxiety filled and Tyler began to feel a bit bad for telling everyone without letting Michael know, but he didn't want to keep the dark secret anymore.

Hannah then chimed in
"Yeah does Joshua know what? I wanna know too, you guys better not be holding onto info without telling us, this case matters to us too"

Emma holding her tongue decided not to call Hannah out in the middle of the shop.

Tyler laid out the information he knew to Hannah and Joshua and Michael apologized to the group for keeping it secret but defended his decision with what he was told to do and the risk of losing their only lead.

Joshua was mad about not being involved or told but he was more focused on the fact they could find Kayla's murderer finally.

Hannah meanwhile was livid and called Michael careless and dumb and said he should have told her because the case matters more to her since it was best friend and Joshua deserves to know.

Emma blurted out
"Shut up Hannah, you didn't even care or want to be involved and now whenever you are involved you just cause unnecessary drama because you're focused on the wrong things!"

Michael got between them
"Emma please, it's fine I messed up let Hannah vent"

Hannah rolled her eyes and told Joshua to leave with her because she didn't wanna be around a fake friend that treats her badly.

Joshua took Hannah out of the coffee shop and drove her back to the dorms.

The rain outside mirrored the storm within their group. As Hannah and Joshua left the coffee shop, tensions lingered, and Michael, Tyler, and Emma navigated the aftermath.

Tyler feeling the weight of his choice to disclose the information addressed Michael, "I didn't think it would cause such a rift. I just wanted us to be on the same page."

Michael sighed, "I get it, Tyler. I just wish we could catch a break in this case without everything falling apart between us."

Emma, caught in the middle of the tension, tried to mediate, "Guys, we need to focus on what we know now. The informant claims to have seen both Jessica and Kayla on the days they died. If we follow his instructions carefully, we might get closer to solving this."

Tyler nodded, "Emma's right. We can't let our personal issues get in the way of finding the truth. Let's stick together and see where this lead takes us."

Meanwhile, at the dorms, Joshua was frustrated with the unfolding situation. Hannah, upset by the secrecy and feeling excluded, voiced her frustration, "Joshua, I can't believe Michael would keep something like this from us. It's disrespectful to Kayla's memory and that bitch Emma is so fucking annoying I don't know why we're still friends with her even I think we should just cut her off after this is done and me and you solve the case."

Joshua, torn between supporting Hannah and understanding Michael's perspective, said, "Look, Hannah, I want justice for Kayla too, but maybe Michael had his reasons for keeping it quiet. Let's hear him out when we see him again I'm mad too but let's remember he is our friend they all are."

Back at the coffee shop, the trio continued to discuss their next steps. The slow build of resolution replaced the earlier tension. Emma suggested, "Let's follow the informant's instructions carefully and pretend this chat never happened, If this person has vital information, we can't afford to lose it. We owe it to Kayla and Jessica to uncover the truth."

As they delved into the details, the rain outside started to ease The metaphorical storm within the group seemed to follow suit. United by a common goal, they began to rebuild the frayed edges of their friendship, recognizing that the path to justice wasn't straightforward.

The day unfolded with a mix of resolve and uncertainty. Michael, Tyler, and Emma agreed to proceed cautiously with the informant's instructions, hoping to unveil the secrets that had eluded them for so long. The slow build of trust resumed, overshadowing the earlier discord.

Yet unknown to them someone had been watching from a distance hidden in the shadows. The mysterious informant had eyes everywhere and the intricate web of Crestwood University's secrets continued to unravel revealing that their pursuit of truth came with its own set of dangers.