Chapter 27: Baby Don't Hurt Me

Back to Modern Day.

Joshua steeling himself for the challenging conversation he had ahead of him, approached Hannah's dorm door he knocked and Hannah somewhat expectant opened it with a mixture of skepticism and curiosity

She spoke out
"Oh Joshua are you here to apologize for earlier.?"

Joshua sighed
"Yes and no." He admits regretfully.
"I'm sorry for yelling earlier i hate how angry I've become lately."

Hannah Laughed sarcastically.
"Apparently not angry enough to fight off Hector for me though."

Joshua with more sighs.
"Can we sit down and have a serious talk please?"

Hannah realizing the gravity of the moment agreed inviting him to sit on her bed.
The atmosphere in the room was tense as Joshua broached a sensitive topic.

He asked
"How much do you miss Kayla?"

Hannah Offended.
"I miss her a ton she was my best friend What the fuck are you getting at did the others tell you to integrate me?"

Joshua Asked cautiously.
"I just want to know would you ever do something bad to her if it meant getting something you wanted?"

Hannah enraged by the question slapped Joshua hard across his still bruised face.
"Are you insisting I murdered Kayla to get with you? We didn't even get together until a month after her death you prick!"

Joshua looked into Hannah's eyes
" I have to admit it was fast and that while i appreciate you being there for me and being my anchor so to say during rough times I don't think this relationship is great for my mental health I been bottling this sadness for the last year, and I may have kept bottling it until I destroyed myself if I didn't realize it now."

Hannah Getting more and more mad.
"Too fast? Are you kidding me? We were meant to be together! You're so perfect and should have a girl that appreciates your strengths and pushes you to be more masculine and the best version of you! That's why you don't choke in your games anymore when it matters!"

*Despite the heated exchange conflicted and emotional Joshua with words of encouragement in his head spoke honestly.*
"Hannah, I've enjoyed our time together a lot and You've been there for me during a lot but so have others and I'm noticing now we have very conflicting views i don't think you're the murderer i promise tht is all the truth but I don't think you care as much as the rest of us do about this or about how I feel and we need to take some time-"

Hannah interrupting, refused to let Joshua end things on his terms.*
"No you don't get to dump me! I'm dumping you! You never got over your ex and I knew it! You don't love me, you just want to listen to that bitch Emma, the fucking simp Tyler, and that asshole Michael who hated me since day 1! i'm done with this case and living in the past and I'm done with all those judgmental pricks we call friends! And I'm done with you! I'm ready for the future if you ever get your shit together and quit talking to those 3 idiots maybe you can come back and I might date you again but this is too much for me right now!"

She slapped Joshua across the face one more time for good measure hard as she spit in his face, and demanded he leave her dorm.

Joshua tears in his eyes left the dorm slamming the door behind him as his anger was building out of his control again. He called Michael informing him of the breakup.
"Michael me and Hannah finished talking, we're not together anymore, I just left her dorm."

Michael with concern in his voice
"I'm sorry Joshua, can you come to Emma's dorm? We can all talk together me and Tyler are with her here, and I know it's hard but we need to discuss if you think she's guilty."

*Joshua through tears* "She isn't guilty she doesn't have any motive for Jessica's death, and according to her she didn't need Kayla to die to date me."

Michael with a saddened tone
"You did the right thing Joshua it's not an easy call to make but now you can mourn properly we're here for you no matter what."

Joshua replied
"I still can't believe Hannah would turn out like this I should've listened to you and others sooner even Hector told me to leave her during our ordeal."

Joshua expressed his disbelief more and more calling himself an idiot for not heeding warnings.

Michael showing sympathy
"Don't beat yourself up Joshua
Love can blind us sometimes you're not an idiot people don't always see the truth past their emotions you made a tough decision for your well-being and won't regret it, you did what needed to be done we're still here for you."

As the call ended feeling a mix of emotions Joshua wiped away his tears and steeled himself for the next chapter in this case.
He walked towards Emma's dorm knowing that tomorrow they would have to pick three suspects for the final investigation to potentially uncover the killer.
The weight of the impending decisions lingered in his mind as he approached Emma's dorm where Tyler, Michael and Emma awaited him.

Meanwhile the campus had another tragedy unknown to them all happen during their dramatic night.

A student who they had interviewed Gretchen was dead and murdered in the baseball bleachers stabbed 17 times with a bag over her head.

Tomorrow the group would find this out and have to move much faster to find their killer.