Chapter 35: Tackling The Situation

Matt took his foot off of Joshuas hand satisfied and smiling.

Kevin fueled by malice took another knife from his pocket ready to inflict further harm on Joshua aiming the knife towards his face to finish the kill.

However out of nowhere Michael tackled Kevin down knocking the knife out of his hand and disrupting him from being able to kill Joshua.

Meanwhile Matt shocked witnessing the unexpected intervention of Michael moved in to help Kevin. But Before he could reach Michael Hannah swiftly kicked him hard in the balls from behind.
Matt dropped to his knees in agony yelling
"Holy Fuck!"

Seizing the opportunity Hannah grabbed his eyes gouging them as she screamed at him with intense fury.
"You're an awful piece of shit murderer how fucking dare you touch him you piece of shit I can't believe you and not to mention the gross things you fuckers said about me, you misogynistic sexist idiotic bastard!"
she yelled her voice resonating with a mix of rage and disgust.
She slammed Matt down and continued her relentless assault kicking him in the balls repeatedly as she screamed into his ears loudly.

Matt now on the ground found himself in a world of pain torn between the physical agony and the relentless verbal onslaught from Hannah not knowing which was worse.

Meanwhile, Michael and Kevin rolled on the ground, throwing punches at each other. The intensity of their fight grew each swing and miss fueling their determination. In the chaos, Kevin managed to get up and grab the knife swinging it towards Michael.

The blade cut into Michael's upper bicep causing him to grit his teeth in pain.
Reacting swiftly Michael kicked the knife out of Kevin's hand and punched him in the face making Kevin fall to the ground.

Undeterred Kevin scrambled to grab the knife again but Michael put his foot on Kevin's hand, preventing him from lifting it. Michael crushed Kevin's fingers causing him to scream in pain and hurl insults at Michael calling him a prick.

Michael then spoke up
"Why are you doing this! Why are you murdering people and torturing us!"

Kevin snarled
"You wouldn't understand! Joshua took everything from me! I killed Kayla to end my own misery! But it didn't stop there and I wanted the thrill of the hunt, I didn't do anything that anyone in my situation wouldn't do!"

Michael punched Kevin again knocking him out cold then he went to go cut the ropes tying down Joshua.

As Joshua and Michael hugged it out quickly and began to tie up Kevin.

Hannah continued her assault on Matt screaming and stomping into his balls as he writhed in pain on the ground.
Her rage poured out in a torrent of words each stomp punctuated by a vehement rant against Matt's character.

"You sexist disgusting pig! You think you can just hurt people and get away with it? You're a terrible excuse for a human being!" she yelled the anger in her voice echoing through the woods. Each word was a release of pent-up frustration years of dealing with the toxicity that Matt represented.
"I've been wanting to do this for years you fucking piece of shit low life! You didn't even deserve to be on the same team as Joshua you stupid ignorant no good shit!"

"You've made our lives miserable for far too long! You think you can demean and belittle people but not anymore! This is for all the pain you've caused!" Hannah's voice reverberated with a mix of fury and satisfaction as she continued to unleash her wrath on Matt stomping him so hard he began to vomit on the ground.

Joshua, still recovering from the ordeal mustered the strength to pull Hannah off Matt while avoiding to make contact with the knife in his hand, his voice firm but gentle.

"Hannah it's over Leave it alone,"
Joshua urged looking into her eyes She cried and hugged Joshua apologizing for everything.

I'm so sorry for not thinking more about how you feel I wanted to apologize to you and I'm so glad you're here still and alive!" Hannah said while hugging Joshua.

"It's okay"
Joshua reassured embracing her
The weight of the night felt lifted and relief overcame them.

Meanwhile Michael approached Matt on the ground. He lifted Matt up saying
"I would say Hannah overdid it, but after what you did to Tyler and Joshua, I don't feel sorry for you at all."

Matt still in pain cried out
"That... that girl busted my balls. I can't feel my balls!"

Michael determined to bring justice ignoring him tied Matt to Kevin on the tree. He then walked over to check on Joshua and Hannah.

"I'm glad you guys are okay and we got the killers. Now let's call the cops" Michael declared a sense of closure beginning to settle in the dark woods.

As the night air hung heavy with the aftermath of the struggle the distant sound of approaching sirens grew louder. Flashing blue and red lights pierced through the woods as police cars arrived bringing an end to the reign of terror that Kevin and Matt had unleashed.

The police officers swiftly took control of the situation apprehending Kevin and Matt, who were still tied to the tree. The handcuffs clicked sealing their fate as the officers read them their rights. The once arrogant and malicious duo now faced the consequences of their heinous actions.

While Kevin and Matt were being led away the police turned their attention to Joshua, Hannah, and Michael.
Questions flew as the officers sought to piece together the events that had transpired in the dark woods and everything that happened during the last week.

Joshua with a mix of relief and exhaustion, recounted the horrifying ordeal detailing the case, all the recent violence and the twisted motives behind the crimes.
Hannah, though emotionally drained added in how awful Kevin and Matt were ranting to the police of how they sexualized her for at least an hour.

Michael his face marked with bruises from the fight with Kevin corroborated their statements emphasizing the danger posed by Kevin and Matt, The police listened attentively nodding as they took notes.

With the killer duo in custody and the testimonies collected the atmosphere shifted. The weight of the night began to lift replaced by a sense of justice served. However, the trio still had one pressing matter to attend to.

As the police finalized their documentation Joshua, Hannah, and Michael received assurances that justice would be pursued rigorously. The Group of friends then asked officers if they could get a trip to the hospital to seek medical attention for Joshua and Michael and check on their friend Tyler who was stabbed earlier by Matt.

The scene transitioned to the hospital where Emma anxiously awaited news about Tyler's condition still as her friends showed up, The reunion between the friends was both emotional and bittersweet Amidst the relief, the reality of the Tyler's condition still lingered.

As the group gathered in the hospital. Suspense hung in the air, as they awaited news for their friend, and got treatment for their own wounds.