Chapter 10: Notes & Files

As the friends reconvene later that evening the air is thick with tension. They gather at the designated spot where Tyler and Michael were at before. each contemplating the gravity of the situation. The wait and suspense amplifying as they wait for the mysterious informant.
Joshua speaks up
"This guy better not be trying anything or have been apart of the murders or I'm not going to hold back on him."

Michael assures Joshua that he trusts the guy because if he was the murderer why would he give himself up to them like this so easily.

Hannah interrupted
"Well obviously because now he has us in one easy spot to kill all of us at once, you better know what you're doing trusting a stranger off your phone."

In the midst of their anticipation, Michael's phone rings. The caller ID is Blocked it's surely the anonymous man again.
intensifying the mystery
He answers and a distorted voice emanates from the other end, "You've taken the first steps but there's more to this than you know, I can't meet in that spot anymore, Meet me at the abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of town I'll send you the address, all 5 of you must come or it's no deal."

The friends exchange glances of uncertainty written on their faces.

Emma speaks up saying
"If that's our only lead we don't have much of a choice"

Hannah chimes in
"Uh yeah, we do, our choice to not get murdered in a warehouse, Joshua babe can we please go home I don't think this guy is serious at this point."

Joshua sighed
"No he said it's all 5 of us or he won't give us any leads to get justice for Kayla and Jessica and I really don't trust this guy either but I can handle anything he tries."

Michael, wrestling with the responsibility this mystery man has given him
"We can't afford to pass on this lead. If there's a chance to uncover the truth.we have to take it. But we'll stick together and watch each other's backs and be cautious."

Tyler adds, "Michael's right and we've got each other We'll proceed carefully, and if anything feels off we'll leave immediately."

Emma nods in agreement "Let's go but stay alert and if things seem fishy we bail. We're not blindly walking into danger."

Hannah still skeptical mutters, "I don't like this not one bit But if Joshy insists and thinks we should then I guess I'm kinda in.
Just know Michael if this goes south I won't let you live it down, same goes for you Tyler."

As they prepare to head to the abandoned warehouse Joshua leads the way this time looking determined.
The slow build of tension escalates as they approach the mysterious location.

Upon arriving at the desolate warehouse the night is heavy with uncertainty.
The flickering streetlight casts shadows as the friends step into the unknown fully aware that their quest for justice has brought them to a point of no return. The slow build of suspense reaches its peak as they await the next revelation unaware of the dangers that may happen.

The creaking sound of the warehouse door echoes in the quiet night as it slowly opens. The friends cautiously enter their senses heightened and the air thick with anticipation. Dim light reveals the vast emptiness within, and the mysterious informant is nowhere in sight.

As they venture further into the echoing space a sudden flicker of light illuminates a figure standing in the shadows. The distorted voice echoes again "You've shown up, good. Now, let's get to the truth."

The informant steps forward, revealing only a silhouette. He hands Michael an envelope saying
"Inside, you'll find everything you need to unravel the mystery But be warned the truth comes with consequences."

Michael hesitates before opening the envelope. Inside, there are documents, photographs, and a cryptic note. As he begins to piece together the information, the friends realize the gravity of what they've uncovered.

The informant vanishes into the darkness, leaving them with a chilling warning, "The path to justice is perilous You're on your own now."

Joshua yells
"What the fuck was that we came all this way for a fucking envelope! This better actually mean something and I still don't trust that we didn't even see his face!"

Michael did question the mystery man now since he was supposed to reveal himself but regardless they got clues that they could look over now.

The friends gather around Michael examining the contents of the envelope. The photographs reveal unsettling connections between Jessica and Kayla of the days they both disappeared a year apart suggesting a deeper conspiracy than they ever imagined notes left inside point to the college campus and potential suspects who are there and out around the times both girls died.

Hannah skeptical but intrigued remarks "Alright so the mystery man wasn't bluffing entirely. There's maybe something here but what do these clues mean? And where did he go off to?"

Tyler scanning the documents.notices a pattern. "Look there's a series of dates here last year on April 7th and this year on the same day but there's another for April 17th now meaning there might be another planned murder for that day at Crestwood again.

As the friends leave the abandoned warehouse with the new clues In hand the night air feels colder and the weight of their discoveries hangs heavily.

Little do they know, the murders of Crestwood University hold secrets and the journey they've embarked upon is just now truly beginning.