Lake and Peaks - Queen Ravenna

"Have either of you seen my wife?" Ravenna questions as she approaches two servants in a hallway. The pair look at each other then look back to Ravenna. They shake their heads. "No, your majesty. We haven't seen her majesty in a while." Ravenna bites the inside of her cheek before continuing through the castle.

The remainder of the search inside is unsuccessful. She tries outside. "You haven't seen her majesty, Queen Y/n, have you?" Ravenna asks the stableman. Every molecule of her soul hopes for some sense of direction as to where her wife is. "Yes, my queen. She took her horse towards the mountains around an hour ago."

A wave of relief washes through her as she mounts her horse. Knowing her wife well, she's now aware that she's most likely up in the mountains lakes. The journey into the mountains isn't far, and she vividly remembers her wife mentioning how gorgeous the scenery was. Her wife would spend all her free time up here if she wasn't married to the queen of a kingdom; if she wasn't one herself.

~

"Y/n, my darling, what are you doing up here? I swear I searched the entire kingdom twice for you." Ravenna says, breaking the silence. I look up at her, my lips pulling up into a smile. "Hello, my love. It's nice up here and I needed some quiet time." I answer. Ravenna climbs off her horse and walks towards me. I stand, rising from the rock I've been stationed on for the past half hour. "Is everything okay?" Ravenna questions, wrapping her arms around me. I drape my arms over her shoulders, resting my head on her upper chest. I sigh. "Yes, everything's okay. I just needed a quick break from the castle, that's all." I respond. Ravenna nods and kisses my forehead.

The pair of us sit down on the rock I'd not long risen from. I chuck a stone into the lake, ruining the perfect reflection of the overcast sky. "It's so peaceful here. The lake, the mountain peaks. The air is always so crisp. It's utter perfection." I say, my voice calm and even. Ravenna studies me. I look to her. "What?" I question. She shakes her head. "Nothing. Just admiring you." she responds. I blush. "I'd build a cottage up here if I could. This is the perfect place to live. By the lake, the peaks. It couldn't be more perfect." Ravenna's eyes don't leave me for a second. "You know, sometimes I feel like I belong up here more than I do down there, in the kingdom, with people like me." Ravenna's head tilts to the side. "You're the most social person I know. What do you mean?" she questions. I chuckle. "Socializing is draining. I'd rather not have to do it, but that's impossible. You have to socialize as a queen, but as I'm your queen, I wouldn't change it for the world. The exhaustion will forever be worth it if you're with me." I explain.

Ravenna scoots towards me, taking my hand in hers. She brings it to her lips. "I love you." she mutters, her breath tickling my skin. I rest my head on her shoulder. "I love you too, my darling queen." I whisper. She rests her head against mine as we gaze out across the lake together.

-

A.N: Look at me finishing something 😭 This is 100% inspired by 'the lakes' by Ms Swift. I appreciate how patient you guys are with me and my inconsistent one shots. I love you xoxo