Chapter 31

"Did you miss me that much?" Daniella chuckles as I tighten my grip around her torso. "I just came back and you're already holding me as if I'm about to leave again."

"You say that as if you didn't miss me too."

"I never said that, of course I missed you," she says, allowing me to fully lay down on top of her on the sofa.

We only haven't seen each other for a few days and I've missed her as if I haven't seen her in weeks, it's not that I'm not used to spending time away from her but after months of constant contact, the absence is way too noticeable.

I bury my face in the crook of her neck, taking in her scent. Her skin feels cold against mine, her heartbeat steady and soothing — just how much I've missed having her so close.

"We should get dinner ready," she whispers, playing with my hair.

"Just a few more minutes," I mumble.

"Delivery then?"

"Just say you're hungry," I tsk, raising my head so I could look at her.

"Yes, I'm hungry," she raises her eyebrows, a smile tugging at her lips but somehow I'm getting the impression she's hinting at something else.

"Delivery," I say simply, stuck in her gaze.

Her lips graze mine before capturing my lips in a soft kiss, the warmth of her breath still lingers on my lips when she breaks it. She gives me a knowing look before I lean down and meet her halfway in another kiss. The heat in the pit of my stomach grows as her tongue brushes against mine, her hands trailing over my body, pulling me even closer, leaving a path of goosebumps on my skin.

I move away from her lips, trailing down to her jaw and further down her neck. She lets out a sigh, her hands traveling underneath my shirt and I shudder at the sensation of her cold fingertips.

A low groan escapes her lips as my teeth graze the soft spot on her neck, her nails digging into my skin before she brings her hands up to cup my cheeks, guiding my lips back to hers. "Indian?" she asks, breaking the kiss.

"Huh?"

"Are we ordering Indian?" she raises her eyebrows, amusement written all over her face even though her eyes are cloudy.

"You're not going to finish what you started?"

"Oh, I am," she says, the look in her eyes growing intense, the tip of her fingers caressing the underside of my breasts, her lips brushing against mine. "After dinner."

I can't help but let out a nervous chuckle. "Of course."

She kisses me softly before sitting up, her arm still wrapped around me as she grabs her phone. It's almost unbelievable how she can just casually switch moods, as if she didn't just leave me an absolute mess a second ago.

"Do you want me to order the usual or?" She looks at me from her phone, waiting for an answer that took me an embarrassingly long time to come up with.

"The usual," I mutter, still flustered as I watch her type away. Her eyes would meet mine every now and then, a dangerous aura to them that made my body shudder.

"Your birthday is coming up," she says as she puts her phone down.

"Is it?"

"Did you forget?"

"Tsk, of course not," I say, looking at the date displayed on Daniella's computer. My birthday is next week. December 7th. I one-hundred percent forgot about it — after all that has been going on, it's hard to think about anything else.