Chapter 33

"Stay here, it's downstairs," she says, kissing me softly before going out of the room. I sit down in her bed, playing with the keychain in my hands, feeling my cheeks blush as I stare at our picture. I hear her footsteps getting closer as she approaches the room. I look up from the keychain, seeing her holding something behind her back.

"What's that?" I chuckle, seeing her cheeks turn a dark shade of pink. "Why are you blushing?"

She doesn't answer, looking away from me and clearing her throat. "It reminded me of you, and I thought we could keep it, together," she says, showing me what's behind her back.

"Oh my gosh," I gasp as she places a ginger kitten in my arms, looking at me with wide eyes. It meows.

"I thought we could give it a name together."

I look up at her, tears brimming in my eyes. "This is the best gift I've ever received... you want to raise a child with me."

"A child?" she raises her eyebrows but gives up on contesting a second later. "Sure."

"It's a girl," I smile, kissing its forehead.

"It's a girl," Daniella repeats, sitting next to me.

"What do you want to call her?" I ask, looking up at her. She has a soft smile on her lips as she looks down at the kitten.

"How about... Ginger?"

I raise my eyebrows. "Really?"

"What? I think it's cute."

I shake my head, laughing. "How about Carrot?"

"You can't be serious..."

I give her a playful shrug. "I am."

"Carrot it is then," she says.

I smile widely, giving her a quick kiss before turning to the kitten. "Carrot," I repeat, earning a soft meow. "I think she likes it," I say as I put her down on the bed, watching as she stretches her body before walking around, sniffing everything.

Daniella hums, taking my hand in hers. "Happy Birthday," she whispers, kissing the side of my head.

I smile, looking at her. "It's the best one yet," I say before leaning in, brushing my lips against hers.

She leans into the kiss, her hand cupping the back of my neck. "I love you," she whispers as she pulls away.

"I love you."

I lean my head on her shoulder, looking at Carrot as she plays around the room. "Do you think she'll get along with Potato?" she asks after a few seconds.

"I'm pretty sure. Slippers too — she'll be fine."

She nods, humming softly. "Did you like your gifts?"

"I loved them. You didn't need to do all of this, you know that, right?"

"I wanted to."

"You're spoiling me."

"Well, someone has to," she gives me a small smile, pulling me into a more intense kiss. I sigh against her lips, her arms wrapping around my waist as she lays us down. I gasp as she bites on my bottom lip, her body pressing against mine.

I run my fingers through her hair, holding her close as she deepens the kiss. I feel her hands slide under my shirt, her fingertips sending shivers down my spine until a small meow brings us back to reality. "Looks like Carrot wants some attention," she chuckles, pecking my lips before rolling over, giving me some space to breathe. I look over at Carrot, laying on her back on top of the carpet, her legs up in the air as she tries to grab her tail with her paw. "Exactly like you, in every possible way."