Chapter 9

"When are you two moving together?" Soph asks absently as she skims through summer dresses in one of the clothing racks. It's Saturday and we decided to hang out at the Shopping Mall, it has been a while since we last went out together after we started working and I started dating Daniella, and she kinda started being pals with Jenny.

"We just had our first big argument just before yesterday, that might be way too soon."

"I thought lesbians moved in quick," she says, picking up a summer baby pink dress. "What do you think of this one?"

"Yeah, and I wanted to but I was being naive. There's still a lot we don't know about each other and I don't think Daniella would be ok with it," I say, looking at the dress she was holding. "It's cute."

"Yes, it's cute but is it also, you know, sexy?"

"Uhm," I look at it again. "I mean, I guess so? Why, are you going on a date?"

"Well, anyway I agree with you and it's better that way, I heard the flame dies off when couples move in together," she says, tossing the dress at me. I'm currently serving as a hanger for all the clothes Soph wants to try on.

"Why are we having this conversation in the first place?"

"I don't know, just curious I guess."

"Have you talked to Jen?"

"Kinda?"

"Kinda?"

"I kinda went unannounced to her house, look I was bored and sad, don't judge me. I asked her if she wasn't over you yet and if that's why she's avoiding me," Soph says not really looking me in the eyes.

"What did she say?" I ask, following her into the changing rooms.

"She denied it but she also denied she was avoiding me, which she clearly was."

"Maybe she's just busy with all the university stuff."

"What kinda stuff?" She asks, taking the stack of clothes I was holding.

"Getting stuff ready, I don't know, I knew I wouldn't want to go to college ever since I was in middle school. I didn't even bother to do any research."

"Middle school? Took you too long, I was already sick of school in kindergarten."

"You two should talk, like seriously talk, no hanky panky."

"You know, we didn't really have sex that day," she says rolling her eyes and closing the curtain between us. "We just kissed."

"You? Sophie Abebe just kissed?"

"Shut up, I'm respectful."

"Since when exactly?"

"Uhm— Since now, it doesn't matter, I'm trying to be a decent person."

"Look at you in love, never thought I would see it."

"You're lucky I'm only in my panties here or else I'd go out there and break all your teeth."

"That never stopped you, you really are a changed person."

"We're going on a date later today," she says pushing the curtain open, showing me the dress she had picked up earlier. "How do I look?"

"A mixture of cute and hot," I say looking her up and down. Jenny. that lucky bastard better put a ring on this babe.

"Should I try the yellow one?"

"Yellow usually compliments you better but I really like this one."

"Yeah, I'll take this one but I'll come back for that yellow one next payday," she smirks, closing the curtain again. "What are your plans for this evening?"