Chapter 39

I watch Carrot and Potato, run around the room, playing with each other and jumping up and down Slippers who is trying to sleep at the end of the bed. He lets out a few groans but doesn't move from his spot.

"I'm done grading," Daniella says with a sigh as she sits next to me on the bed, wrapping her arms around my shoulder and pressing a soft kiss on the back of my head.

I lean on her, basking on her heat and her touch. "Tired?"

"Quite the opposite," she whispers into my ear.

I turn around to look at her, feeling my heart skip a beat when my eyes meet hers. She leans closer, pressing her lips against mine and pushing me back into the mattress, her body hovering over mine. But just when I'm about to get into the kiss, she stops, standing up.

"Where are you going?"

She doesn't say anything, simply walking to the door and opening it. Potato and Carrot immediately run out of the room, going after each other, Slippers sleepily following shortly after them as if on cue. Daniella closes the door, giving me a devilish smile. I bite my lip, watching as she slowly walks toward the bed, a sly smirk plastered on her face. She kneels on the bed, her hands slowly running up my legs, to my waist, stopping under my breasts.

She lowers her head, planting a soft kiss on my chest. Her lips slowly making their way to my neck, then my jaw, and finally to my lips. Her kisses start out soft, slow, but soon they turn passionate, lustful, hungry. Her tongue pushes against mine, our lips melting into each other. I grab her hair, pulling her closer to me as her hands make their way down my body, slowly undoing my pants.

She slides my pants off, her lips making their way down my neck and to my chest, stopping for a moment to play with my nipple, hardening it against her tongue. She moves lower and lower, sucking on the skin of my hip bone making me groan and buck my hips in anticipation. But instead of giving me what I've been craving, she flips us in a single move, making me stand on top of her.

I look down at her, still dazed by the sudden movement. She runs her hand down my body. "Ride me," she says simply.

"How about Blooming Flowers?" Soph says as she sketches on a piece of paper.

"No," I shake my head. "That sounds too much like a flower shop."

"Yeah, that's the point," she says, raising her eyebrows. "What do you want then? Something unique?"

"No... we want it to sound like a flower shop, we just don't want it to sound too obvious."

"Why not?"

I squint my eyes at her. "If you decide the name, I want to decide the color scheme."

"If you make us wear pink aprons again, I'll kill you."

"Pink isn't that bad," I shrug. "Besides, it's our color."

"Is it now? Because you're soooo girly."

I shrug again. "If you pick the name, I pick the color scheme," I repeat, making her groan.

"Fine, whatever."

The shop is coming together nicely, the walls and the furniture have been painted, it's nothing fancy, but the place just looks more and more like a flower shop by the day. I glance at the clock on the wall as I stretch myself. "Daniella should be here in a few minutes, do you need help with anything else before I go?"

"Nah," she shakes her head, still deep in thought. "I'll be in the back painting the rest of those display shelves."

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay and help?"