Ignorance Or We didn't Matter?

Vyllet was silent beside me, and so does I. I could not look at them and they can't at me. Sometimes we all think how properly we know each other, but we don't.

"Why is Rith always like this!?", Vyllet looked at me with red eyes.

"I cried my eyes out everytime, he is such a stupid. Do we not matter to him. Are we not his close ones. It questions me. I always told my parents that I do not have them, but I will always have you people. Then I get to know these things!", they cried at me. They called themselves stupid again and again, ignorant too. They were not wrong. But we all have our lives. We live it. We can't keep a 24 hour eyes on other. Least we can do is to ask "Kaisa hai". I asked Rith that.

"He has his reasons to not tell us Vyllet. Sometimes you want people to know you, you want to yell at them, but you can't. You are afraid. It is not his mistake to not tell us. It is not ours that we don't know him. It's none. It's a human thing, we know this person. Just because he doesn't want to bother us at all, he stays silent. One place he looks for happiness after all things is, us! He wants to keep us safe from all the mess in his life may be, that when this mess starts to engulf him he will run at us and ask, chicken roll khate hai jakar!", I said to them. They just listened to me. Their cries were changing to sobs and finally stopped. I managed to get them on track. They are emotional. I gave them hug.

"You have also never told us about you working outside at night in clubs as a singer?", I asked them back.

They looked at me surprised with red eyes.

"I went there with my date! You were singing, you didn't spot us but we did!", I asked them the same way they asked me about Rith not telling them his problems.

"I had fight with my parents again, worse than before. They said to never come back until I understand my problem. I left. They don't even try to understand me! I am sick of this!! I have some savings from my internship last year I am paying my fees and hostel rent. Obviously it is not enough, I had to work late at nights!", they were blabbering, they had Rithvik's problems too now.

"I asked why did you not tell us?", I asked them again - the same way they asked me about Rith not telling them his problems.

They went silent.

"Bother you all", they said in fading voice.

They got their answer - why is Rith like this. They are his Ane-san for a reason too.

"But where did he run!", Vyllet asked me, obviously for them Rith was the priority.

They spotted him running back to his hostel's side. They left their bag on the bench and followed him. Called him out.

"Rith! Riththhh! Stopp", they called for 2 minutes and ran like stupid. I followed them back calling Rith out.

He stopped running. I saw him wiping his face before turning back. But he saw whomm? Us! Couldn't stop himself. He cried like shit and fell on the footpath siding on the tree trunk. He was looking at me. Then to vyllet. He kept on alternating. He was crying like shit. I never saw him this way. He clutched his arms around and was shrinking himself. He looks scared. The broad day light is still short of hope for him. As if he wanted none of the light to touch his body. He could barely look up at us. People were staring at him. We both covered him. I sat down.

"Rith are you okay!", I kneeled down to caress him. I tried to touch his hand, he shoved it! He didn't let me touch it.

He ran from there. He did not let me touch him. I couldn't stop my tears.

I tried to catch him and follow him. Looked back at vyllet, she was shocked and was standing silent.

"This cannot happen!", they told me, they looked shocked, no emotions. This scares me.

"You are scaring me vyllet!", I asked them with panic, "What do mean by this cannot happen".

"You are scaring me, your silence! Tell me", I shoved them. They were still and cold as a ice rock.

"Last time he told me he shoved his mother from touching was when he got sexually harrased by the girl he played with!", they continued with out any blinking eye froze like ice, I never saw them like this, "he stayed the same for 1 week! Scared in corner of the room!"

"SEXUALLY HARRASSED!?", I cannot imagine what they said. I asked them again. They shoved me, caught my wrist and ran before Rith. I cannot move my legs! They are froze. This was not what I was expecting today. We kept running. We were out of breathe, we were sad, scared, were trying to control our tears. We just wanted to tell him, we are with him. He was fast. We lost him. We still ran to his hostel.

I called Rahim.

"Rahim can you please come to Rith's hostel! We want you here, it's urgent!", I said in hustle, out of breathe.

"What happened Unnu!", he asked me back.

"Something we did not expected! I can't explain everything on phone. Please come fast!", I kept on begging him all way we were running.

"Yes! Unnu, I am coming, on my cycle. I will be there in 5 mins! Please do not panic!", I felt relaxed. We cannot enter boy's hostel. Rahim might help us.

We kept on running. I had shoulder pain. But this time he was important. Vyllet did not looked back at all. All they could see was way to his hostel. Their eyes are still looking worried. We got the caught of Rahim in way. He was on cycle. He came near to me.

"What the fuck happened!?", he kept on asking us.

Vyllet was still silent. She cannot hear us. All she wanted to do was to reach him.

"Unnu! What happened?", he asked me again, "I am worried!"

"There was some guy Rith talked to! Something really bad things happened with him! He just can't take them at all. He kept on crying. He didn't even let me touch him. He ran back to his hostel... I dunno what has happened.... But something is wrong.... all I know is that we need to get to Rith as fast as possible!", I told him, out of breathe stuggling with speaking.

"I just dunno what has happened, but I will speed up and reach his hostel! You guys hop onto my cycle!", he continued, "Unnu you climb up, you look more tired!", vyllet still kept his hand around my wrist. They kept on clutching it. They needed someone. I said no to Rahim and noded at the wrist vyllet was holding onto.

We can see his hostel but cannot figure out him at all. We were at the gate. I asked Rahim to get into hostel and look at his room when I saw Kiaan coming out. He was rushing out in a hurry. I knew he saw Rith. Before I could stop him, he clutched me.

"Unnu m'am, sir locked himself, Ishir is with him outside the room", Kiaan was panicking, he couldn't breathe. He wanted me to go in with him. He is a baby, couldn't decide what he had to do.

"Relax Kiaan, he is just a bit sad. Rahim you go with him, we will wait fo you here! Don't worry!", I told him when I was panicking inside, "he will be fine".

I settled Vylett on the side bench. They did not speak a word. I called Sam, he will take care of them. Rahim went inside with Kiaan.