Legend Of Red Thread

My son looked devastated. He couldn't utter a word. I urged him.

"Talk to him?", I said in signs.

"Hello!", Aarav said, "Rith?"

"Aarav..... Aarav...... Thank you so much for calling me. Aarav. Thank you. I am.......", someone was speaking from other side, Aarav went silent. He looked at me, his mom. It is not my typical Aarav right now. He is in worry. He never cares for anyone. And he is crying?

"Is he Rith?", I asked my Aarav.

He nodded with crying and surprised eyes.

"Tell me that I am not a bad guy Aarav? I am not a bad guy Aarav, say it??", I went shocked. His dream.

I immediately knew what I had to do.

"Ask him where he is?", I told Aarav. He went numb. I have never seen him like that.

"Aarav just fucking ask him", I screamed.

"Where are you Rith?", Aarav asked panickingly.

"My room", Rith said.

I left Aarav's room. Went straight to my room to get the car key's. I got back to Aarav's room.

"Get in the car Aarav.", I screamed, "Right now!"

He came running towards me and jumped into car. I drove as fast as I could.

"I am coming Rith, please do not cry. You are safe Rith. Aarav is right here, I am coming to you Rith!", he cried on the call, "I am coming there".

"Please don't hang up! Aarav! Please. I am scared Aarav, it's all black!", Rith was crying, he sounded scared, "It's all dark here Aarav! I need you Aarav!"

"Rith! Don't be scared, I am coming. I am in car. I will be there in few seconds Rith! I will protect you Rith!", Aarav kept on saying, "I am here with you. Don't cry. Don't be scared! Dont look anywhere Rith. Close your eyes. I am there beside you. I am there in front of you Rith!"

Rith kept on crying. I am shocked at the same time. Who is this Rith and what is this happening. Only thing I knew was that my son needed me. Rith needed my son and my son needed Rith. I kept on driving and I could see the IIT gate.

"Karakoram", Aarav told me, and I kept on driving.

"Rith! Stay on the line, please I am coming there", he kept on repeating this.

"What... what... happened Rith why are crying. You know that I am here. Aarav is here. You are not gonna cry until I am alive", Aarav didn't care where he was, he was so attached to Rith, he was sobbing to. Skipping beats. The same boy didn't care for anyone and anything a few days back. He didn't care for me that much. Does he love him? The question kept circulating my mind. Hitting me again and again. Last time he cried like this was when his dad died. He didn't talk to anyone. His eyes are still brimming. They are wet like those then. He stayed in my laps for days. Now he only remembers about Rith. He never loved or talked enough with anyone after that day. This boy has changed him. These random thoughts are circulating my mind. Aarav has changed. I love this Aarav more. Who cares, who see humanity, who can love someone. He does loves him. My baby is still in denial. I knew from his life. It's always the fear of losing someone which makes you do very courageous things. They require you to kill your ego. To kill your every oath. To kill your obsessions. You never know when you start prioritizing the other person. That person suddenly becomes your everything. From nothing to everything. Its love. You are not afraid to give space of your life to them. Rith was such a person to my Aarav.

"We are there Rith! Rith! Hear me out!!!!! I am there, I am reaching there", he kept on crying on mobile, all I could hear was crying from the other side, continuous cries. Never ending.

"For gods sake, for me Rith, keep power Rith. When I reach there. I will keep you in my arms. Nobody will be able to snatch you from me. You are mine. None can hurt what is mine! Rith! Stay put huh! Power Rith!! Smile huh? You always asked me to do so. You never let me cry. Why are you doing so! I am here Rith", Aarav kept on saying.

There were still sobs, cries of Rith - no more of the problems that Aarav thinks Rith is suffering from. Poor Aarav, little he knows of the fact. Cries are the same but the reason is not.

When you know someone cares for you. The person who loves you that person leaves everything, because you need them at that time, you are their priority. When you realise you are loved the same way you love others. When you realise you are cared the same way you care about others. Cries are normal. Poor Aarav. The story is set to end, I guess.

I can see the last corner of the road and I can see the desperation in Aarav eyes to meet him. He is jumping out in desperation. He wants to meet him.

"I am here Rith!", he smiled a little while getting on his seat, "I can see your hostel!"

The sobbing was easing out on the other side.

There we reach.

He jumped out of the car. Carried his mobile. Kept on mumbling Rith, stuffs. I can see other people in shock there watching Aarav approaching them. Two girls, I guess.

I got out of the car and followed Aarav.

"Where is Rith, Unnu!", he asked to one of the girls in desperation.

"He is not good Aarav! He just went on running, crying didn't let anyone touch!", they replied anxiously.

"What's his room number!", Aarav asked her as fast and anxiously he could. His eyes were wide open. Looking for his oxygen.

"B45..."

He turned and ran as fast as he could.

He stopped.

I can see him.

His phone dropped.

The look in Aarav's eyes, desperation slowly changing to relaxed love. Calm which you get when you find a long-lost precious thing.

There he was, I guess Rith......