chapter 40

After Vidharth walked away from there he stood in front of the huge balcony of his room, lit his cigarette, deeply lost in his thoughts

He remembers every single memory of the past, how he used to cry late at night to sleep, how he went to bed empty stomach, he remembers how much he cried for his mother, for little comfort but no one was there for him, he hates his behaviour with Adheer and Ashwin too. Every single memory. He remembers everything.

He was lost in his thoughts when Kaka Sa entered his room and stood beside him. Noticing his presence Vidharth let go of the cigarette as a sign of respect but still didn’t look at him.

"Worried about Mythili?..."

He continues when notices that Vidharth is listening silently

"Don't. When Baba Sa is with her no one can harm her. He must have taken his most trusted men with him for protection."

Vidharth sighed and said looking at the garden of his mother

"I know Kaka I don't have to worry about her safety. I was thinking of something else"

Kaka sa hummed at his answer nodding his head He put his hands in front and then turned his head towards Vidharth.

"Want to share something, ved"

Vidharth looks at him for quite a few minutes, not even a single word, but if you ask Kaka sa then he will tell you what the words he wanted to say but didn’t. Vidharth says nothing and looks away from him.

After seeing the questions in Vidharth's eyes didn't dare to ask anything else. They both stay in silence until Vidharth speak up

"Kaka sa how much you loved Bua sa?"

Vardhan was taken aback by his question, his eyes softened remembering his bubbly, jolly, naughty sister.

"You already aware of how much me and bhai sa love her."

"And my sister?"

Vardhan looks at him as an unknown pain once again hits his heart thinking of the little precious soul who knows nothing about this world but still becomes the prey of its cruelty

"Right question but wrong person. I will ask baba sa about it--"

Vidharth said and was about to walk away but before that, Vardhan stopped him.

"Ved!!"

He calls him calmly stopping him from going and said

"I don't know how much I love her but I guarantee you that I love her and Mythili equally. They both are my daughters and nothing can change that. I don't have to worry about my precious soul because she is safe in the protection of Rathore queens and almighty."

Vardhan walks closer to him and looks at him before handing him a paper

"You asked Mythili why didn’t she stop even when she gave you promise, right?... get your answers here."