Chapter 5: Sila

Junil vomited yet again, dry-heaving her stomach's lack of contents over the side of the boat.

"I... how long do we..."

Sweat dripped from her forehead as the Healer steadied herself on the guard rail. She was heaving with exhaustion.

Throwing up a few times would do that to anyone.

"I'm... seasick easily..."

Ronn sighed. He pat the Healer on the back, as she hacked up the last bit of phlegm from her throat.

"Why did you not purchase any seasickness medicine?" the Hero asked.

"It was on short notice, and that stuff takes... urgh..."

Junil gagged again.

"...Takes time to work."

"We are almost there. No worries."

The two had taken a fast ship from the Capital to New Frontierland. Fast ship trips came at a premium compared to regular ones, as they used wind magic to push the ship's sails. A several-day trip could be shortened into a single day. Neither of them could afford to waste any time, so Ronn was very much willing to dig into his own deep wallet for the trip.

Unfortunately, it also meant the ride was far more turbulent.

Ronn didn't get seasick all that easily; he was rather used to the waves. Junil, on the other hand, wasn't.

"There's... nothing left in my stom... ghh..."

Junil gave another groan, and rested her head on the guardrail of the vessel.

Ronn attempted to get another line of conversation started up again, partially in an attempt to distract the Healer from her miserable predicament.

"Junil. I remember, some time ago, you mentioned that you had an anti-seasickness spell in the works?

"Don't ask me any of your questions when... I'm in this state," she muttered. "I remember that project. It's developed as far as I could, but..."

Junil gagged. Ronn waited for her to either vomit again or hold it back; she managed to not retch over the side again.

"Is there a problem relating to the spell?"

Junil responded by hurling another mouthful of clear fluid over the side. Seems her attempt at not vomiting had failed.

"I can't handle this anymore, I'm casting the... the spell. Side effects be damned."

Junil grabbed from a pocket her forearm-length wand. Ensuring that it was pointed between her eyes, the Healer mumbled a few words as a light-green flash came from the end of the wand. The glowing aura gradually dissipated into her head.

She recoiled slightly, feeling woozy for just a moment before she shook off the feeling of discomfort.

"I should have asked before you cast it," Ronn began. "How effective is the spell? And what side effects may there be?"

In response, Junil clung onto Ronn's arm.

"It's rather effective. My nausea went away immediately."

"As for the side effects?"

"It ruins your sense of balance."

Ronn's helmeted head turned to look at Junil, who was now leaning on the armored Hero. He was particularly strong, so the extra weight wasn't a hindrance to him. Despite that, he still had his concerns.

"Do I need to carry you?" the Hero asked.

"What?" Junil asked. "No. Don't. Just let me lean on you. I can still walk. Just not on my own."