Chapter 25: New Frontierland

Junil woke up. Her sleepy eyes flickered over to the window. Sunlight was streaming through the curtains, illuminating the room.

It was already late in the morning. She had overslept.

Why was oversleeping bad? It took the Healer precisely five seconds to remember the events of the previous night to explain why.

"Oh, shoot!" she exclaimed, jumping out of the bed. It took the Healer precisely twenty seconds to ready herself: Using a quick spell to wash her face, grabbing her staff and wand scattered on the floor, and burst out the door of her room.

"Ronn! Sorry, I overslept! Why didn't you wake me up?" she exclaimed, bursting right into the room that the Hero was sleeping in.

Or rather, allegedly sleeping in.

The bed had been completely made.

"He left without me?" Junil muttered. The Healer lifted the sheets, to feel that they were cold.

"That Hero woke up early without alerting me!"

Junil ran out the room and down the stairs. She was going to head to Fraul's office, but noticed the Mage's assistant on the way down.

"Sila!" Junil exclaimed, pointing at the assistant. "Where in the world is Ronn? Did you see him go somewhere this morning?"

Sila shook her head. "I didn't see him at all."

Junil muttered a string of curses as she made her way to Fraul's office. She bypassed the assistant to open the door directly into the office, only to find that nobody was inside.

"Where in the world is Fraul?" Junil yelled out to Sila.

"I think she's in the warehouse district," the Mage's assistant said. "But she was going down there for important business, you shouldn't bother her—"

"Don't care, thanks for the help!" the Healer exclaimed. Of course Fraul would be in the warehouse district, she was stockpiling aluminum or whatever that metal was.

Junil basically flew out the front door. Her shoes skidded on the brick-paved road as she made a quick turn, to run in the direction of the warehouse district. The Healer pushed past groups of people, of whom she was able to catch bits of conversation from.

"...Aluminum's higher than we've ever seen..."

"Projected to go above the price of platinum!"

"Have you heard? Potions at the port have just been all bought up! More are coming, shiploads!"

The Healer was already hating all the discussion over Fraul's aluminum business. Did the folks here speak about anything else other than that? She brushed past them, having to circle around a crowd gathered in front of a bulletin board.

"...I'm rich! Rich now, I tell you!"

"Hey, where's Madame Fraul? I wanna cash out now!"

"Don't, you're gonna miss out if it keeps on going up!"

Fraul had somehow found a whole town of idiots to go along with her idiot scheme. Junil felt a little bad for them getting conned like this. On the other hand, the Healer would probably lose any sympathy she had if she was forced to stay in those crowds for any prolonged period of time.

The Healer spotted the walls that divided the inner town from the outer warehouse district of New Frontierland. She ran through it quickly, the streets for the familiar Mage, until—

"Fraul!" Junil exclaimed. "There you are!"

"Huh?" the Mage asked. She just so happened to be walking down the main street of the warehouse district. "Junil? What are you doing out here?"