Chapter 20

We reached the office before I knew, and on the way I messaged Leah to ask her where she is, my assistant was waiting for me outside my office we went inside before she can say anything. I know I should have talked with everyone but right now work comes first then anything else.

I sat down and motioned my assistant to close the door before we talk," Today's meeting was a surprise but I was expecting it not this early but soon enough".

"Ma'am did we got the deal", she asked.

"It was always ours never given to anyone else", I said because I know we have a very strong proposal and idea of work and least risky too.

"But ma'am what should we do now", she asked.

"Not we but next work is totally up to you and your capabilities", I said and gave her a file, this file has all the names of people that were spying and are just here to pass information to the other side.

"Ma'am these are", she asked I know she got a bit of idea what I'm about to say.

"I need all information about them within a week, where they go, whom they talk, even with whom they speak and eat wheather in office or outside I want everyones complete details and also see what they are doing and pay attention to details", I said.

"Sure ma'am", she said.

"Don't let them know and be fast", I said she nodded her head and excused herself I know she can find everything in just a couple of days not even a week that's how good she is in her work. After giving her file I started doing my work that I need to get done and fast after half an hour or so my phone started ringing and I picked it up without looking at the caller because I know who is calling.

"Hello", I said.

"Tali, how are you", Leah asked.

"If I say I'm okay will you believe me", I asked her and closed my file that I was working on.

"Okay can you tell me what exactly happened Tali", she asked and I started narrating only today's whole part what happened how Ryan came with Melissa and Xavier and what said and done how Xavier helped me out without saying or doing much and all that.

"Wait so you are telling me that Xavier really hold your hand", she asked.

"Leah you are missing the point here, no one told me anything about Ryan being there", I said.

"Okay I get it but did you talked with everyone about this", she ask and before I can reply someone knock at my door so I excused her and ask the person to come in it was my assistant.

"Ma'am Mr. Adams is asking for you to come quickly", she said.

"Which one", I asked her. Yes, both my brother's and father are here so I'm quite confused who can call me right now.

"The CEO ma'am", she said and I nodded then she left.

"Leah I guess I'm going to find all my answers now", I said.

"Go and stay calm before saying anything okay and call me as soon you talk with everyone", she said and we bid our good bye for now at least.

After that I locked my system and then went to Zack's office, I know locking my system is a bit extreme but sometimes prevention is better then cure and I never keep important files and documents in open. I was walking towards his office while thinking what I want to ask them why they didn't told me anything? Or what were they thinking? Why they hide things from me? I don't know right now.

I went to Zack's office and his assistant was already waiting for me by the door he opened the door for me and let me through but didn't enter inside. I see Zack, Han and dad sitting in his office now I know what I want to ask and say I didn't smile at anyone and maintained a neutral face.

"Why did you called me", I asked.

"Congratulations, princess you did amazing today", dad said.

I smiled sadly and asked him, " oh so Han didn't hide anything then right".

"Princess we are sorry we didn't tell you before", dad said.

" And why is that, huh what have I done to make you guys hide things from me", I said.

"Darling it was for your own good", Zack said.

"You are such an hypocrite Zack, how can this be for my own good do you think after knowing who was going to be there I would have backed out from my deal or let you guys handle the meeting", I asked them they didn't say anything so I continued," I hate Scott's more than you think and then targeting our family is not going to happen and you know what I would have even prepared more better then this and that small meltdown would have not happened", I said.

"Talia listen it's just that", Han was saying but I stopped him in middle yes right now I'm fuming with angry.

"No, you guys listen if I was your family and you guys have welcomed me back with open arms you would have not done such thing", I said, I can see hint to tears in Zack's eyes.

"Princess, it was me who told your brothers to not tell you anything", dad said.

"Why don't you trust me with this project dad", I asked him I'm hurt by this.

"Princess it's not about trust it's just that I want to see if you can handle these things or not, in business you need to have a very calm and calculated mind even when you are dealing with enemy, I want to know", he said but I stopped him.

"If I can be as good as my brother's, right that's really amazing", I said and then continued," you know what go and check that pathetic woman that was with Scott and sue them right away I don't want her in any future meeting, oops sorry I don't want any more lies in my life then I already heard and next time be sure to let me know when I'll be in a meeting so I can be more prepared for surprizes like today", I said and left the office in anger.

I went to my office and took my bag and left I am very angry right now by all three of them they are infuriating and annoying like seriously, how can they test there daughter and sister like that I'm the only girl in the family and they are making fun of me.

"Talia, stop", it was Han who called me," where are you going let me take you".

"I want to be alone right now and I don't want to talk with anyone so don't call me I'll be back before night", I said in hush voice, I don't want anyone to listen to our conversation.

"Where are you going", he asked.

"Somewhere and don't follow me", I said and left him standing in the lobby.

I went outside and waited for a taxi to arrive when a black  range rover stopped in front of me I thought it was for someone else so I looked around and saw no one then it's windows role down and it was Xavier in the driver seat with sunglasses on.

"Get in ", he said.

"Xavier I want to be alone", I said.

"So let's go get inside", he said.

"Will you please leave me alone I don't want to talk to  you right now I'm not in mood", I said and started walking. I thought he left but then I was picked up and he was holding me in his arms like a baby.

"Put me down, or I'll shout", I said.

"Darling, you are really stubborn aren't you", he said.

"This is kidnapping", I said.

"No just a friendly ride", he said.

I was in no mood to argue anymore so I just stay quiet but I don't know how long because this guy can make a boulder shout at him and jump from any Mountain. He placed me down and opened his car door and I went inside angrily and put the seatbelt on. He sat inside smiling and his smile was annoying me right now but I didn't say anything and he start driving. Now I think about it maybe I should have stayed in the office.

____________________________

Oh oh oh now the story can get spicy, or more complicated for Natalia but for the readers it's going to be an amazing ride.

Enjoy your day and have a book-joy day.

🤗