⏰5️⃣⏰

5th January, 2023: Thursday

Nanon @ 8:17 PM

"Is this Thonglor?" I asked with a blank expression, peering ahead at the three guys who were preparing to get off at the next station.

"Where are you off to?" It was the guy who helped me. "Royal City?"

I cannot admit that I boarded the incorrect subway. I feel so foolish. "Yes, that," I responded.

"Are you going to be all right?" He asked. Worry was evident in his eyes.

There was something about that look that instantly lifted my spirits. I gave him a smile and nodded in agreement. "Yes, thank you."

He returned the smile and gave a nod. The subway came to a halt, and the gates swung open.

The two men pulled the one in front of me, who kept looking at me with concern.

Once more, I found it impossible to look away from him. Now that I see genuine concern for myself in those eyes, it's even harder to look away.

Just as the subway doors were closing, he spoke up, "Take care."

As the subway began moving once more, I couldn't stop staring at the shut door while those two words echoed in my mind.

I looked at the vacant chair ahead of me and took a seat to steady my jittery legs and racing pulse.

My phone vibrated, and I pulled it out to read a message for Yin.

I let out a sigh and sent him a message asking for a ride from Royal City Station. Fortunately, the incorrect subway I boarded brought me to a place where I could spend the night.

Looking back, it also brought me into meeting someone who could look at me with that level of concern. As I sat there, my heart continued to beat erratically.