⏰7️⃣⏰

6th January, 2023: Friday

Nanon @ 7:26 PM

As I swiped my pass and walked ahead from the queue, a hand pulled my arm and I turned to look at the familiar face smiling at me.

"Hi!" he said.

I gaped at him for a fraction of a second before a wide grin spread on my face. Of course, I hoped to see him today too, but I never thought I'd be this lucky to have him greet me first.

"Hi!" I replied.

He pointed with his thumb towards his back to the subway line 3. "Royal City route?"

My smile vanished. "Uhm... I'm going to Khao San." I pointed with my thumb behind over my shoulder to subway line 2.

"Oh." Was all he said. His smile also vanished.

We both stood there without a word before he turned to leave.

"Hey, wh-what's your name?" I asked tugging at the rim of his sleeve. He turned to look at my hand and I immediately pulled back.

He then looked up to meet my eyes with a very brief smile. "Ohm Pawat. And yours?"

I smiled wide and extended my hand towards him. "I am Nanon Korapat."

He immediately shook hands with me and we smiled at each other.

The subway announcement made me turn to look at the queue forming in my way.

I turned to him, nodded briefly and then turned to leave. A pull on the rim of my sleeve made me turn to look at him. The noises around me faded again like the first time I saw him.

"Stay for 1 minute."

"Huh?"

"Just 60 seconds. Stay still." He said.

Tick-tock. Ba-dum. Tick-tock. Ba-dum. Tick-tock. Ba-dum.

All I could hear in my head was seconds ticking by along with the sound of my loudly thumping heart. We both kept looking at each other without blinking, without moving.

"See you." He said finally after what seemed to have been like a minute.

I smiled at him. "See you." I said and turned to run to follow the queue which was now moving in the open subway doors.