⏰2️⃣9️⃣⏰

7th February, 2023: Tuesday

Ohm @ 10:30 AM

"You did say something back there." I asked. I am not sure. I might be hallucinating. Or maybe I have dreamt about hearing it from him so many times that I think I imagined it.

He shook his head hurriedly. "What are you talking about?"

We were walking side by side toward my institute's exit. He came here to surprise me, and I was an inch away from jumping on him and squeezing him in my arms.

But when I heard the word "like" I was stunned.

No way. I need to know.

I ran in front of him, then turned to face him.

"Are you sure?" I asked now, stopping him in his tracks.

He opened and closed his mouth a few times, not meeting my eyes.

His ears are red. I reached out my hand to touch it, but he took a hesitant step back.

"Why is your face red?" I asked, smiling and taking two steps closer to him.

"Uh... I..." He still hesitated.

I pressed my lips, biting the inside a bit. I am too nervous and feel hot all over.

What if... what if he feels the same as me and dreams of hearing the same things as I do?

I took another step closer and held his arm to stop him from moving back anymore.

"Nanon..." I said. It came out almost like a whisper. "You might already know this. But it is important for me to say it regardless."

He looked up and searched my eyes.

I smiled a bit to ease myself, and I cleared my throat. Why is this so difficult? I can speak nonsense nonstop. However, the thing that is most important is something I am unable to say.

"Nanon... I..."

"I like you."

"..."

"That's what I had said."

Tick-tock. Ba-dum. Tick-tock. Ba-dum. Tick-tock. Ba-dum.