Olivia

"Why don't we go around the room and tell a little bit about ourselves. We will be spending quite a bit of time together so I-"

"Tell us what the task is." Sebastian's abrasive tone cut off Baker, who rose an eyebrow in return.

"I will go first. As I already stated, my name is Skye Baker. I hail from London but I actually studied over seas. My alma mater is Illvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and I am a very proud Thunderbird." He gestured wildly, golden curls bounced on his forehead. "I know blood status is a hot topic here so to just get that out of the way, I am a half blood. Although it doesn't matter to me whether your parents keep it in the family or are no-maj's."

Ominis made a noise that sounded both offended and amused. Skye's counterpart stiffened but did not speak. His cocky tone lowered to an almost menacing level. "Oh, I almost forgot, my official title is third year apprentice senior officer of the US Auror Division, obliviator and curse breaker." My blood ran cold.

Okay, so if he takes anything seriously... it's his job. Noted.

With a roll of his eyes, his partner cleared his throat. "Cromwell or Beau. Please don't call me Beaufort, only my mother calls me that. Graduated with honors from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. Third year apprentice first class senior officer of the Ministère des Affaires Magiques de la France. I would prefer to keep my employment credentials classified."

Sebastian scoffed. Ominis quickly intervened, the mask of a diplomat slipping into place. "Ominis. Ominis Gaunt, descendant of Salazar Slytherin. If you do not mind, I wish to keep the topic of blood status out of any civil conversation." He cleared his throat before continuing, "I am looking forward to collaborating with you gentlemen, should you require any assistance in navigating the castle, please do not hesitate to ask. Oh, and as you can see, I can't." I couldn't contain the giggle that escaped.

"I like you, Gaunt." Skye clapped him on the back. "Who's next?"

"Sallow." Sebastian leaned against the wall, wand twirling in his hand. "I'm the number one duelist at Hogwarts. What do you say, Illvermorny?"

"Tempting offer. Perhaps another time, there is a lady present."

"Please, she could beat you blindfolded."

"Oh, I am sure. Speaking of, I am dying to hear more about you, darling."

"Olivia Bennett."

"Come now, tell me your likes, dislikes, hopes, dreams."

"I like chocolate, I dislike pompous wizards."

"Touché." Skye looked over to Beau, who nodded his head in return. "Well then, since introductions are out of the way. The International Confederation of Wizards has been working with an elite task force to eradicate a group of dark wizards who have been making noise in several countries for a few years now. Victor Rookwood was a member."

They know.

"Pardon me but I fail to see on what this has to do with us?"

"Well, Gaunt, we were informed that Rookwood's gang had kidnapped a Hogwarts student and had intended to use their power for his own personal agenda." Sebastian's wand stilled in his hand, "when we arrived, most members of his group were dead and the student was nowhere to be found." Steel blue eyes slid to mine, "tell me, Miss savior of Hogwarts, do you have any idea what happened?"

They. Know.

I squared my shoulders, "no."

"We have a working theory, the student, having felt that their life was in mortal danger, made a decision to protect themselves. Personally, I would have done the same thing."