On Purpose?

Rose: hey aditi.

She smiled, I was stunned, was not expecting her to be here. The earlier time I faced Rose was the day we fought, and since then we haven't contacted each other, I don't like speaking one's mind, but we have evolved into strangers, again. She was staring at me with her beautiful amber eyes, who wouldn't love this girl? She's literally a goddess, a deity. Suga is lucky to have her.

As soon as her voice ranged through the empty space of the lounge. Harleen and Rohit came sprinting towards the door, opening it wide for them to face Rose.
Rose was startled by a second, but soon her eyes radiated as soon as she acknowledged the two multitudes. She came to be all excited to finally meet the two of them.

Rose: omg hii! You must be harleen and Rohit! It's pleasant to finally meet you guys.

She expressed her excitement. But harleen wasn't buying it, she rolled her eyes, completely ignoring her and stepped back inside followed by Rohit. Rose's smile had taken the place by a sad frown, I gazed at her sad complexion feeling pity for her.

Me: It's just..*paused* don't mind them, Rose, they're just jet-lagged and exhausted.

She shook her head, brushing the topic off.

Rose: it's okay, I understand.

She made an effort to hide her sadness with a gentle smile, but I could see through her filter. I had an idea how much she adored harleen and Rohit since the others were constantly vocalizing their names now and then, she just wanted to fit in....

Me: would you like to come in?

I veered to my left, inviting her with a big smile, she glanced at me with her teary eyes, not uttering a word just darting at me. Comprehending something in her mind probably presuming about my offer, and finally, nodded with a small smile.

Rose: Sure.

We both made our way towards the lounge, to get greeted by Rohit and harleen's ignorance, resting on the couch covered up in their mobiles overlooking Rose's presence. An awkward and uncomfortable silence crammed the room, making the air thick to breathe. I glanced at harleen, and our eyes met. I signalled her to stop being so rude, but she dismissed me and peeked back into her mobile. Aishhh this little! I glanced at Rose and cleared my throat gaining her attention. 

Me: please make yourself at home.

She nodded and sat on the sofa chair, I sat beside harleen opposite Rose, and once she settled down I noticed a big bag resting near her legs, but I shrugged it off.

Me: so?

She glanced at me.

Rose: um, I don't know how to start.

Now harleens concentration was on her, making her more anxious.

Me: it's okay, take your time.

She nodded and stood up, carrying the oversized paper bag in her hand

Rose: here.

She handed it to me, I frowned and accepted it, not at all sure about her intention. What was she up to?

Me: what's this?

Rose: Open it.

I peeked inside to come across a pink fabric, I frowned and towed the soft but meshy material out, to come across a beautiful flamingo pink silk dress, a gasp left my lips. It was a long and stunning, off-shoulder gown.

Me: omg, it's so pretty.

Rose: you liked it?

She smiled feeling relief at my excitement. I nodded my head, gently stroking the silk fabric. I was wondering about the motive behind her action, why was she here? and why she's offering me this dress?