Hear me out

The next day, when I tried to open my eyes my eyelids started to hurt. My mouth was dry. I forcefully opened my eyes as my head hurt. I took a glass from the nightstand and gluped water.

I remembered everything that happened last night. Our fights, my begging and me leaving. It was over finally. Today, he would sign the papers and let me free.

This didn't bring any relief a happiness to me. When I wanted to leave he forced me to stay and now when I wanted to stay he was forcing me to leave.

Rima and Prarthi came back. Prarthi stared at me hard as I was wearing glasses to hide my swollen eyes.

"What happened to your eyes?" She asked.

"Too much television, I guess," I lied.

"Or too much books," she joked.

"That's not the case," I muttered.

When we all were in the same room, he didn't even bother to look at me. He looked sick. I would glance at him time and again. He was silent.

"Are you fine?" She asked him.

"Little bit of headache," I muttered forcing a smile but it didn't meet his eyes.

"Both of you seem sick," she said.

"Season is changing Prarthi. It happens,"

She was thoughtful for a second. I was afraid she would manage to figure it out.

"Or maybe change of the place is causing this,"

My heart sighed in a relief.

"That's must be the reason," Rima added.

At noon, Parthi left. We were together outside when Rima helped her get in the car. Once she was gone Rima left us alone.

I slowly watched him but he refused to lay his eye on me. All he did was stand and stare at the gate. Maybe he was thinking when I would leave.

"I would leave today," I whispered. "Only things I request of you is...." I paused staring at him but he didn't move. "Not tell my family anything about it,"

After a long silence he nodded.

I thought he would turn to look at me but he slowly left without saying a word. My heart shattered. I was hoping for him to stop me but I guess he wasn't going to.

How foolish of me to even think that he would want me here. We were different. He was a vampire and I was a normal human. No match. I didn't know much about vampires but I knew this much that they were immortal.

Besides, he already had my blood so maybe he thought the deal was over. He gave me home, warmth for few months and in return I gave him my blood. I guess, now the deal was truly over.

"Thanks for everything," I whispered. "You really gave me happiness even if it was fake,"

"How I wish it I could get more time. How I wished it didn't ended this early,"

I was almost on verge of crying but no tears came. My eyes had dried out. Last night I had cried hard and now tears were nowhere to be seen.

I walked back to the room and looked around. I would really miss this place. I was forced to make so many memories with him just to be separated in the end.

Many things came to my mind. I kept blaming myself for all these things.

"He had forced me into this all but I married him and not once I tried to know him." I said while sitting alone in the room.