Maya

🎶 Maya Sansar - Kagazpatra 🎶

The title means love ( माया )

After she left I was miserable. I locked myself up and started to live a miserable life thinking about how much I had hurt her. To avoid regret I told myself that it was all for her. Rima came to live with me so she could help me but I didn't bother to meet her or come out of the room. Gurans's sister would call me and text me which somehow helped me. She would ask me about her sister and tell me if they were talking and stuff. Knowing she was all right made me happy.

I was happy when I heard she was coming back but she was not safe here so I told Rima to check if she landed safely. Rima came back with her and she was unconscious. Rima told me Gurans got into an accident and somewhere I was afraid it wasn't an accident. She looked more beautiful to me. It helped when Prarthi came to live with us because Gurans would live in the same room as me.

My parents found out about her coming back. They started to call me but I didn't pick up their phone. When Gurans was in the room my dad walked inside the house

"I am here to take her," Dad said but I stood there blocking his way.

"If you want to take her, first you have to face me," I said and he gave me that sinful smirk.

"You know that you made a deal with us," he raised a brow.

"I don't care," I replied and he smiled.

"So my son knows how to betray his parents, huh,"

He didn't seem angry or say he wasn't showing it to us.

"You can't take her," Rima came and Dad looked at her with a smile.

"Both of my children against me for that human,"

Rima was about to speak but he turned around and left.

I knew my parents weren't that easy to let this go off. They must have planned something but right now it didn't matter. If anything mattered was Gurans and her safety.

It broke me down when I found out about Gurans losing our child in a miscarriage. She had to endure so much pain and I wasn't even there with her. This was all my fault. I couldn't love her properly. I saw myself in the same place as her parents.

*****

Rima looked at me. I was in tears and so was she. I still couldn't believe all these things.

"I know, this was not my story to tell but I had to, for my brother. He used to tell me everything about how he felt about you. I know you feel like no one loves you but he does. He loves you more than anything. When you came back, I saw that glow in his face. He smiled for the first time in five months. It hurts to see him like this Gurans, it hurts," she said.

I couldn't say anything because I was too stunned to speak.

"Now, after hearing all this, if you want to leave you can go," she placed her hand on mine.

She slowly got up and left. I looked at my hands and tears fell down my cheeks.

"Amol did everything to save me? I had hurt the only person that loved me. He loved me and I was so foolish that I couldn't see it,"

I couldn't bring myself to face him so I sat there tears rolling down my cheeks. It was all my fault. I never once tried to understand him. I got up and went near the window and opened it. He was sitting on the bench. A sob escaped from my mouth. I covered my mouth and hid behind the window. I knew he would hear me sob and even feel me standing there. I had to talk with him but how I didn't know.