Third wheel

🎶 Apocalypse - Cigarettes after sex 🎶

The next morning, after I prepared breakfast I went to the garden without having it. I wanted to have it with him and when I asked Tina to call him, she said he wasn't in his office. So, I decided to do some gardening. I was enjoying gardening when he came with breakfast. I looked at him and he smiled.

"Let's eat," he said.

His voice was soft and he seemed happy.

I washed my hands and sat on the bench. We then ate in silence.

"If you don't mind, I was thinking.. if...you know..i .... I want to take you out...." He whispered in nervousness, playing with his hand.

I looked at him and laughed a little.

Was he nervous?

I just sat there looking at him and he frowned at his hands when I said nothing.

"For... dinner," he hesitated.

"I didn't mean to.....laugh," I apologized.

Questions filled my mind. I mean he never asked me to go out before so why now?

"Before? Girl, you have been married for what maybe 10 days?" I told myself. I was in my own thought while he was looking at me, waiting for my answer.

"Ok," I smiled.

He gave me a slight look as if he couldn't hear what said and then smiled instantly.

"Thanks,"

At around 7 I got ready and walked out of the house where he was waiting for me leaning on the car. As walked towards him, he straightened up and stared at me. That made me nervous but I remained calm.

"You look beautiful," He said as he opened the door.

I was too nervous to say anything so I didn't reply. I was wearing a black short dress. I didn't have any nice clothes but thankfully, I found it when I looked inside the closet.

For a beautiful girl, it would look great and I don't think I looked good in it. I mean, the dress was beautiful. My sister forced me to buy it when she dragged me to go shopping. I don't really like to go shopping. Hell, I don't like to do anything. I was not into anything. I should have said no to the dinner but I don't know why I didn't. I must say he looked more handsome today. I couldn't stop myself from glancing at him time and again.

He took me to the place which he said was his favorite. We ordered the food. He would try to talk and I would completely ignore him and focus my attention on food. Time and again, he would ask me if I needed something and I would just give him my silence. He was annoying me and I didn't want to snap at him. It would be bad and I don't want to talk. Why doesn't he understand? It's not like we were on a date. In the background, live music was playing and he would look at the couples dancing time and again.

He was about to speak when a girl walked in and started to scream at him. She was drop-dead gorgeous. Rich people looked like that all the time. I looked so ugly in front of her and my dress looked cheap so maybe that's why she didn't bother to look at me. Her focus was all on him. She hugged him and I just sat there looking at them, feeling like a third wheel. He looked happy and they talked and laughed like I was not even there and then she asked him about me.

"Who is she?" She asked eyeing me up and down.

He was silent probably thinking if he should tell her the truth. They seemed really close.

"Ahh, she is ...." He was about to say when she whispered something in his ear.

He shook his head looking at me. "What did she say?" I wanted to ask but stayed silent.