Gone

Amol's Pov

We were happy again. Life turned out to be peaceful and beautiful like Gurans. We were having breakfast when Zar entered. I knew what he came for.

"Amol," he said as he entered.

We all got up out of respect for him but he showed his hand for us to sit. He sat on a chair in front of me and our new maid, Bindhya came with a plate of food for Zar. She was a vampire and younger than us. Maybe in her late teens. She was very young so I had refused to give her any work but she insisted that she was 18+ and an adult. I wanted to refuse again but Rima asked me to take her in so I did. She was a very good cook. After we were done eating, we sat in the living room.

"I know why you are here," I said to Zar before he could speak.

"The throne can't be left there without the king," Zar said.

"I know,"

"Then what are you waiting for?" he asked.

"I don't want to be the king...." I said and everyone looked at me at once. Gurans slowly placed her hand on mine and squeezed a little. "When my parents are still alive,"

"They are no more vampires," Zar said.

"I had another thing going on my mind," I said changing the topic and Zar looked at me waiting for me to speak.

"I think that we need a more responsible person to sit on the throne which is not me," I said and they gave me a confused look.

I sighed.

"I want Rima to sit on the throne and rule as the Queen," I said and nobody spoke.

I looked at Gurans and she gave me an approving smile. I was happy that she was here with me, by my side.

"That's not possible, Amol," Rima said. "There is no person more fit for the throne or more capable of taking care of that crown and besides I am a human,"

"You don't need to worry about you being a human, Rima. Zar had agreed to help you turn back into a Vampire," I said and Zar nodded at that.

"But I thought, I can't be a vampire again," she said looking at Zar.

"You can," Zar replied.

"I want you to think again about the throne, Amol. We all know that Rima can be a great queen. There isn't any question on that but you in my view can take care of it better. You have great vision." he tried to convince me.

"Amol, Zar is right. I won't be able to handle these responsibilities and I want to travel and enjoy my freedom not be stuck here looking after every single vampire,"

"Come on, Rima. You will do it better and you deserve to be the Queen,"

"I appreciate you saying that my big brother but no thanks,"

"But I still want you to think about it," I requested her.

"There is no need to think," she was determined.

I nodded in defeat.

"Will I ever be able to change back into a Vampire?" Gurans asked Zar.