Another Game

I woke up to find the other side of the bed empty. My head was banging so hard. I thought it was going to explode. I got up and opened a drawer and searched for pills but instead found our wedding picture. He still had it? I looked at the picture. Tears started to gather in my eyes. I slowly placed it back and something caught my eye.

There were papers. Suddenly my heart dropped. It was the divorce papers. I slowly took it out and looked at it. I turned the pages and found that there weren't any of his signatures. Does it mean we were still married? why would he not sign it? Was he playing some kind of game? Ignoring my headache, I rushed to his office. He was working when I went inside and threw the papers on the desk, one hand still on my head. He slowly looked at me then,

"Maya, you OK?" he was on my side in a second.

I showed him my hand to stop.

"Stop calling me that?" I said with anger in my voice. I was so angry.

"What the hell is that?" I pointed towards papers. He looked at me confused then at the papers. He stood silent.

"What type of game are you playing with me, huh...... Wasn't my blo....od enough?" I found it difficult to even speak due to a headache.

"You are in pain. Please, sit down," he requested. I shook my head.

"Don't be so difficult. I will explain everything, first take rest," he insisted and I glared at him.

He slowly made me sit and gave me pills. I swallowed it and closed my eyes. I didn't realize when I fell asleep. I woke up to find myself in bed and he was standing at the window, looking outside.

I stared at his back for a while. Why was he doing this? First, he made a deal and forced me into this marriage, and now when I thought this marriage was over, we were still married. It was always about what he wanted.

Amol must have felt me wake up. He turned to face me.

"Why?" I asked him getting up. He slowly came towards me and sat beside me.

"Why are you playing games with me, why?" I said tears in my eyes.

"I am not," he whispered not looking at me.

I almost laughed.

"I didn't sign it because I didn't want to,"

"Or say my blood wasn't enough. You need more," I said in an angry yet mocked tone.

"No," he gritted his teeth. "Why would you think that?" He looked at me and I rolled my eyes. I wanted to curl up in a corner and cry but somehow I controlled myself.

"What can be the other reason?" I questioned.

"I..I ..... It doesn't matter," he replied.

"Doesn't matter? It matters to me." I said getting out of bed. "I am not your puppet. You can't just play with my life. First, you made a deal and forced me into this marriage, and then you sent me divorce papers......i.... Wasn't even worth......" My voice stopped right there.

I wanted to ask him why didn't he stop me that day. Why wasn't I even worth a fight? Thinking it didn't matter, I stood there quietly. My heart was into pieces. It was not enough for him to destroy me now he came with another thing to shatter me again.

"Why? I want an answer. I have the right to know," I almost shouted.

He just looked at me. I waited for him to speak. He stood up and sighed. I thought he would say something but without even saying a word, he left.

I sat there feeling bad. Why was he doing this? The whole day I didn't leave the room and he didn't even bother to come back. I wanted to go in front of him and hit him. I wanted to scream and shout at him and ask why, why he chose me for the deal.