Questions

I waited curiously for her to say something, but her phone rang, and she excused herself. After 10 minutes, she came back to tell me that she had some work and would talk about it later.

"Talk about what?" I thought. Yeah, probably she's going to say, "Look, girl, we saved your ass, so give us money and leave right now."

I was somehow scared, but I nodded anyway. I went to my room and lay on the bed, waiting for sleep to come, but it didn't. I stared at the ceiling, and many thoughts ran through my mind. What If I had been kidnapped, or what If he was a monster? I saw his black eyes, so maybe he was a devil and he wanted my soul.

No, no, no, I was so stupid. Why were these stupid thoughts crossing my mind? There was no such thing as the devil. Yeah, they just wanted money for saving my ass. I rolled my eyes, thinking about how money could make anyone do anything.

After rolling from one side to another like 1,000 times, finally, sleep came. Later at night, somewhere, I heard the sound of the door opening and closing. Then I felt one side of the bed feel heavy. Someone pulled me close. I wanted to protest, but I couldn't.

The last thing I heard was,

"Please don't leave me."

In the morning, those words were still replaying in my head. Was someone here at night, or was it just a dream? I was confused, but I dismissed it, believing it was just a dream.

Later, Rima came with my breakfast.

"Good morning," she said.

She came with this positive energy, and I couldn't help but smile in response. Rima seemed like a very positive and lively person. The complete opposite of me.

"Eat this first, then we will talk." She said it slowly, sitting on the bed.

Finally.

I was curious to know. I quickly took the plate and nodded. After finishing eating, I was about to say that I didn't have any money but would pay after I got home, but she spoke before I could say anything.

"Before you say anything, you can't leave,"

I looked at her, wanting to know why.

Oh, she knew that I had no money. Of course, she knew. What a fool I was.

I nodded in understanding.

"I will pay you, you know after I get back home. Trust me, I am not lying," I tried to make her understand.

At first, maybe she didn't understand what I was saying, but when she did, she burst out laughing. I looked at her confused, and then I realized maybe I had been kidnapped, and that's why they wouldn't let me leave unless my parents paid them.

My eyes turned wide, and I started to panic.

"Oh gosh, don't tell me that I have been kidnapped,"

She shook her head, smiling.

"No," she replied.

"Then, why can't I leave?" I asked.

"It's just you can't,"

"And I can't leave because?"

She was about to speak when her phone rang, and she excused herself.

There must be some reason why I couldn't leave. Even If she refused, I was sure I had been kidnapped. For three days straight, I asked her why I couldn't leave and what they wanted from me but she would always say,

"When the time comes, you will know."

This made me frustrated, and I tried running away, but there were so many guards. The guy was nowhere to be seen, and the girl wouldn't explain why I couldn't leave and wouldn't let me leave either. I went to the garden frustrated and angry. At least they could tell me why I was still here. If they wanted a favor for saving my life, even though I didn't ask them to, I would pay them once I was home.