Gift

🎶 Taylor Swift - Slut! 🎶

I went straight to take a shower to cool my mind. I sat in the shower feeling bad about everything. My energy was drained. I shouldn't have gone there but if I had not, they would have come here or called the devil to visit them. Anyhow they would have made me go there. The water running out of the shower washed all the bad energy out of my body.

This never-ending pain was too much to bear. If it had come from a guy I would have left him, If it had come from a friend I would have ignored her or cut her out of my life but this was coming from my parents. What could I do instead of accepting it and letting it destroy me? You couldn't choose your family. You could only learn to live with it, live with them.

Nearly an hour later I came out and got ready to sleep but there was no sign of him. I looked around and went to his office. He was not there.

Where was he?

I looked outside from my room's window and there he was, in the garden. He was still in the same clothes that he wore in the morning. He didn't come up to change? Or oh, he went directly to the garden? I felt confused and then realized holy crap.

Was he mad because of what happened in the car? Or he must have felt bad but why would I care? I rolled my eyes and went to watch the series but couldn't focus on it.

After some time I looked at the watch and it was almost midnight. He had not come back so I looked outside if he was still there and yes he was. I stared at his figure thinking if I should go there or not. Sighing, I went to the garden.

I stood behind him, looking at his back then I went near and stood beside him. He didn't bother to look at me.

"Why.. why are you still here?" I asked.

"I want to be alone," he muttered.

I felt like he was angry or upset.

I stared at him for some time.

"I don't think I snapped at you in the car. If that's what you are angry about....." I paused. "I am sorry. I didn't mean to," My voice was low.

"Ok," he said not looking at me. I looked at his face thinking maybe he would look at me but he didn't. Somewhere I felt bad.

"I am sorry and... and thanks...for taking my side back there," I whispered.

He didn't respond.

"I....you should stop talking to me, you know. I always snap at you without even knowing  and you feel bad...then later I feel bad,"

"It's late. You should sleep," I heard him say.

For a second I thought of going in front of him and talking to him. I couldn't muster up the courage.

"Don't be late," I told him and then left.

If he was angry, he should have yelled at me or told me about it but no, he always acted like this. I waited for him for a while but he didn't come. I went near the window and stood there watching him.

I didn't mean to snap at him. Why was I always like this? I always think I was having a normal conversation with people when in reality I was snapping at them. I would realize it later after they told me I was rude.

Tears rolled down my cheeks. To be honest he was always so calm and tried to talk with so much politeness. I was the one who always behaved badly. He never shouted or told me to behave nicely with him.

I went to sleep at around 2 a.m. Later at night, I felt the other side of the bed getting heavy. I knew it was him who pulled me. He said something about I didn't know what and all I heard was a faint "Sorry" It was like before we were married. I used to hear those voices. It was him then.