Intruder

That night I couldn't sleep well. I was angry with everything that was going on. Nothing was in my control. I wanted to be out of here but now I was married and leaving marriage wasn't so easy. You could be stuck in it for life. Life? Can you believe it? I have to spend the rest of my life with this devil. Shit. How did I end up here?

The next day, I stayed in the room, watching movies to get my mind off everything. I was trying to not think about him but he was all that was in my head.

"I hate him. I hate him," I told myself time and again.

"I am never going to accept him or this marriage," I almost screamed. "Never,"

Thanks to Tina lunch and snacks were brought to me into the room. For dinner, I told Tina I would come to the kitchen and serve myself. She didn't have to wait for me as I wasn't hungry. She at first insisted on bringing dinner for me but I refused. I didn't want to see that bloody devil's face. He ruined everything. That bastard.

It was already evening and I didn't know when I fell asleep while watching a movie. The sound of someone trying to open the window woke me up. I hadn't closed the curtain so I saw the silhouette of a man and I got afraid. My heart started to beat faster and I couldn't move. I slowly got up and hid behind the couch.

I looked at that person as he jumped inside the room. I assumed he started to search for me. Who was he? Thankfully, the light was on in the garden and that helped me to see him. I started to get really scared. When he started to come closer to me, I screamed my lungs out. He stood there as if he could see me and in a matter of seconds, he was out of my sight.

Suddenly, the door was opened with a loud thud, and the lights were turned on. Another thing I did nicely was I didn't lock the door. I didn't even notice how fast the devil was beside me.

"That.. he ..thief..may," I stutter. I was trying to force words out of my mouth but failed.

"Hey, It's ok. I am here," he whispered pulling me to him and taking me in a tight hug. I closed my eyes and hugged him. He rubbed my back and made a soothing sound. I opened my eyes and tried to stand up keeping space.

"Are you ok?" he asked and I nodded.

He got up.

"Let's go then," he pulled me up holding my hand.

I stared at him. I didn't want to go but at the same time, I was scared to live alone in the room.

"But..."

"I don't want you to argue with me about this. From now on you are living in the same room as me and I mean it." He looked me in the eyes and said in a serious tone.

"Please," he pleaded when I didn't move.

"For whatever reason, the deal was made, you are my wife," he muttered in a soft voice that would melt your heart.

Was he serious?

"Come," he pulled my hand again.

He wanted me to take a rest but I refused. After making me sit on the bed he went out and in a blink, he was back. After that, he didn't leave me alone for a second. He called someone probably a guard and told him to bring his files from the office and started to do his work in the room. I looked at the time and it was almost 1 am.

Did he work till this late? He seemed so focused on his work. He didn't bother to talk and neither did I.

"You can sleep. I am here. You don't need to worry," he said seeing me watch him but I didn't want to sleep. I got up and slowly went towards the window, taking slow steps, afraid the intruder was still there.