Jumped

The next day, early in the morning I went to Gurans's house. I was nervous thinking how would I bring her with me. How would I  make her understand everything that was going on. I even prepared for the speech.

"See, listen....umm, I.... look...I...wanted to say that....," I started to prepare myself on the way to her house when a guy passed by me giving me that weird look. I felt embarrassed. I mean, I was literally talking to a tree and why wouldn't he give me that look.

After that without embarrassing myself further, I went to her house but she was not there. I searched for her in that cafe but she was nowhere to be found. I went to the park and she wasn't even there.

Feeling frustrated, I went towards the bridge, thinking about where could she be. I looked around and then I saw her. I stood shocked. Everybody was shouting and yelling at her not to jump.

She didn't listen to anyone and jumped into the river. My breathing stopped at that very moment. I couldn't move and then something happened. I ran as fast I could, making sure no one saw me and jumped into the river and took her out of it.

She was unconscious. I prayed she was ok. People had already called an ambulance which thankfully didn't arrive on time. In front of a mass I couldn't use my speed so I called a taxi but Rima was quick to stand in front of me.

"Rima," I said in relief. I had never felt this relieved my whole life. She had a doctor with her. He was our personal doctor. Rima asked me to put Gurans inside her car.

People were still surrounding us. Rima talked to them and made them leave. On the way back to our home doctor told me she will be ok but I didn't believe him. We brought her to my house. I was still in disbelief about what I saw.

"She will be ok, Amol." Rima said to me after doctor left.

"I hope so,"

She placed her hand on my shoulder.

"How did you brought him with you? How did you know?"

"I realised I should have gone with you. When I went there I saw both of you jump. I immediately called the doctor. He was nearby. It helped,"

"Thanks," I whispered.

I waited for Gurans to wake up but she didn't. The doctor told me that it might take some days. I couldn't bear it. Rima was there for me but I wasn't able to control myself. I should have brought her with me the day I found out about her.

The whole day, I would sit beside her, waiting for her to wake up but she wouldn't. At night, I would beg her to open her eyes. It started getting difficult for me to see her in that condition. I couldn't concentrate on anything or even leave her for a minute.

It was the fifth day and still there was no sign of her waking up. I was sitting on the bench when I felt someone watching me. I turned to find her. She hurriedly went inside. Then, I realized my eyes were black.

"Shit," I muttered.

My eyes were black because I was in pain. It was a vampire thing. If we were in pain our eyes would turn black. It would turn same if we were angry. I cursed myself and stood up. She must have gotten afraid . I couldn't go near her because of that reason so I went to my office happy that she was up.

After finishing my work, I went to the room, to check on her but she wasn't there. I stood at the window looking outside waiting for her. I was nervous cause it was the first time I was going to talk to her. I didn't know what I was going to say.