Stranger

To anyone who feels lost and is struggling with life

   Life fucked whoever it desired. It took prisoners. It didn't care if it was a child, young people or old ones. It took everyone for itself. But still, it left them virgins, for I was one of them. So many thoughts rushed through my mind as I stood watching the flooded river in front of me. It was flowing fast and furiously. Same as my heart, which was beating fast and furiously. The thought of jumping in it came to mind. I was tired of living this life where life was fucking me every day.

I took a slow step towards the river, thinking about life and why I was so frustrated. I always made the wrong decision. The people I knew were either getting a job, getting married, or becoming parents, and I was still here, not being able to make the right decisions, Just wondering where life would take me.

I had to hear so many things at home about how I didn't even have a job. My parents hated me. They treated me like some kind of cursed child. I was fed up. I heard people shout at me. They were warning me not to go near the edge of the river. However, without thinking or looking anywhere, I jumped. I knew how to swim but I didn't move my body. I just let the water consume me.

When my eyes opened, I was in bed. The sun's light was falling directly on my face. I got up and looked around the room. The room didn't seem familiar. I wasn't at my house.

"Where the hell am I?" I asked myself.

I had a habit of talking to myself. I guess it happened when, for your whole life, you were on your own, with no one by your side.

Suddenly the door clicked open, startling me. A beautiful girl stepped inside. She was tall with medium-length black wavy hair. She was wearing a mini skirt and a crop top. I liked her skirt. She had the perfect body that every girl dreamed of having.

"Am I in heaven?" I thought to myself-or maybe I guess I was because she looked like an angel. She had a tray in her hands, which she placed on the table.

"You are awake," she said, seeming happy to see me as If I were someone she knew.

I got out of bed and slowly walked toward her.

"Where am I?" I blurted it out.

"You are in my house. That was so stupid of you." She paused, probably thinking it wasn't the right time. "I have brought some food, eat it," she said, pointing towards the food.

I looked at the food, and my stomach started to make a noise. She smiled at me, probably hearing the sound. I felt a little embarrassed. Looking at her from a distance, I could say she smelled good, and her brown eyes with long lashes, don't even make me say it. I stood there, wondering If the lashes were real or fake.

"You should eat. I will see you in some time," She left without letting me say a word.

So I was in a stranger's house? I couldn't believe I even failed to die like I failed everything.

After eating the food, I looked out the window. There was a beautiful garden. In the garden, they had planted flowers like roses, daisies, and marigolds. My eyes danced around the garden when I noticed a man sitting on the bench, his back facing me. I wanted to see his face, and like my wish was granted, he looked up, but his look was cold and his eyes were black. I became afraid but couldn't move, and then suddenly something came to me. I hurriedly went towards the bed.

Why were his eyes black? Was he some kind of devil? Holly Molly, I was not in heaven. I was in hell. I rushed towards the front of the mirror, afraid I had black eyes too, but nope, I didn't.

The whole day, I was in that room feeling bored. I thought of going down to the garden, and so I did. I went and sat on the bench, not in the same spot where he sat. I was quite afraid. What if I had made a stupid decision coming down here? However, I was glad to discover that he was nowhere to be seen.

When it was about to turn dark, I returned to the house to find no one there. I don't know why, but there were guards and some maids. They greeted me, every time they saw me. It felt awkward.

I went straight to the room and felt someone already inside. He was the same guy I saw in the garden who had terrifying black eyes. I recognized him because he was wearing the same white T-shirt.

I stood at the doorway for a while before I slowly went inside. He didn't even bother to turn, so I sat on the bed. My heart was beating fast. He was looking out the window. He was dressed in a casual outfit. His body looked fit. I didn't know why I found everything in this house so attractive.

I cleared my throat, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't afraid. He looked at me and then at the juice he had on the table. He seemed to be related to the girl who had brought me some food earlier. Thankfully, his eyes weren't fully black. I stared at his face, waiting for his eyes to turn black, but they didn't. He was just looking at me like a statue. I waited for him to speak, but he didn't.

Instead of asking anything, I happened to take him in. He looked like he was in his mid-20s. He could be a year or two older than me. He had the same height as the girl who had brought me food earlier. With a perfect body and curly hair, he looked stunning. His hair seemed a little messy, and I had this urge to run my hand through it. As my eyes went to his lips, I realized, we were both still staring at each other.

I felt somewhat awkward, so without making any noise, I slowly got up and went towards the bathroom. When I was about to open the door, I heard him say,

"Don't you ever do this to me again,"

I stood there, stunned.

Did he say that to me? His voice was calm, authoritative, yet soothing. I didn't know why, but I wanted to hear that voice again. His voice was hot. I won't lie.

"His voice would make anyone wet," I thought. Shit, shit. Why did I say that?

I turned to find an empty room, he was already gone. What type of person was he? He didn't even ask me if I was good. Not that I cared, but he could have said sorry for terrifying me. The whole time, his words were ringing in my ears.

"Don't you ever do that to me again. Don't you ever do that to me again."

The same girl from the morning came to call me for dinner.

"Let's go," she said.

I followed her, looking around and admiring the house. There were so many beautiful portraits hanging on the wall.

"By the way, my name is Rima." She turned to look at me, but I didn't reply. I wasn't sure if I should tell her my name.

Once we were in the kitchen, I saw food already set on the table, but no one was there. She asked me to sit, and later the man came. He sat in front of me and gave me a quick look, but he didn't stare at me like before. While he wasn't looking at me, I looked at him. Rima was focused on her food.

My head was whispering, "He looks so perfect."

I wasn't sure why I was paying attention to how he looked because I never cared about how people looked before. When no one else came for dinner, I guessed that only two of them lived here with some maids. Even though he scared me before and was rude. I wanted to thank both of them.

"Rima," I said in a low voice.

She looked at me, and I could feel his eyes on me.

"Do you need something?" she asked.

I shook my head.

"Ah-um, I wanted to thank you both for everything, and I think I should leave now. You know......" I was not even finished, and he abruptly got up and left.

What the hell was his problem? I looked at the leaving figure and then at Rima. He didn't even look at me once. Why did he get so angry? Did I say something wrong?

"I think, it's time we talk," she said in a serious tone, and I just stared at her beautiful face, waiting for her to explain everything.

What was it that she really wanted to talk about? Oh, maybe money. Yeah, I was sure they wanted me to pay them for saving me, which I didn't want in the first place, but I had no one.