Trapped

I sat in my room, furious about what he had asked me. Did he save me for this? Ugh, people were shit. All they wanted to do was business. They helped you to get something back, but the thing was, why did he wanted to marry me, like seriously? Then an idea came to my mind. I could say yes, leave, and then never come back. Lol, he was such a fool. I started to giggle thinking about it.

I went to the office and knocked on the door. I heard him say, Come in, and I went inside. His eyes were glued to the laptop, and his brows were furrowed. Without saying anything, I stood there. He then looked at me with a smirk on his face. I wanted to wipe that fucking smirk off his face.

"Asshole," I said in my head.

"Yes?" he asked, and I rolled my eyes.

"I will marry you," I muttered.

"What? I can't hear you," he said in a teasing tone, and I glared at him.

"I said. I am ready to make a deal." I glared at him.

He stood and came close. He kept his one hand on the desk and was about to speak, but I rolled my eyes and turned to leave.

"Where are you going?"

"I guess you heard what I said, so I am leaving," I turned to look at him.

"We are not finished yet." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked, not getting him.

"You have to sign the marriage papers; my lawyer is on the way."

What the fuck? Lawyer? He has it all planned. Damnit.

He smirked, and I stood there, unable to say anything.

"You think I am a fool?" He whispered in my ear, coming closer.

He was pissing me off.

"Why the hell do you want to marry me?" I gritted my teeth.

He touched my cheeks, and something flashed in his eyes.

"No," I said, stepping back, keeping space between us.

He was about to speak, but I cut him off.

"I will not marry you,"

He stared at me for a while.

"They have found your body and are ready to do the last rites," he said, looking down between our legs.

I was shocked. My body?

"If you don't get there today, They will burn your body, thinking it's you." He shrugged.

"Why? Why are you doing this?" I narrowed my eyes angrily. My hands were balled into fists. I swear I wanted to punch the shit out of him.

He stood silent. I somehow calmed myself.

"They will find it's not mine," I said, shrugging, clearly showing him it didn't bother me, but inside I was afraid.

He shook his head.

"Body is not in good condition, so it's up to you," he slipped his hand into his pocket.

I have to go there before they believe it's my body. What was I going to do now?

After some time, the lawyer came with the papers. I thought about it for some time. If I didn't sign the papers, he wouldn't let me go. If I signed the papers and leave, I might be able to hide or run away from him.

"Just answer my one question,"

He looked at me and then nodded at the lawyer. The lawyer left.

"Ask,"

"Why do you want to marry me?"

He ran his hand through his hair.

"I just want to," he shrugged.

"Why?"

"Just think of it as a part of the deal,"

He was not giving to me any answers, and I was running out of time.

"Ok," I said, slowly taking the pen. My hand started to tremble while I signed the papers. I had never thought I would get married. At least not in this way.

After quickly signing the papers without looking at him, I left.

I wanted to go alone, but Rima came with me because he said if she went with me, it would be better. The whole ride, my mind was on riot, and I realized I didn't even know his name. I married a person I knew nothing about, not even his name. Wow, what the fuck?

"Why did he make a deal with me?" I asked Rima. My body was burning with anger, but kudos to me, I was controlling it well.

She looked at me and then back at the road.

"I....i can't tell you," she replied after a long pause.

I was frustrated and angry about not getting any answers.

"I am sorry," she apologized, but I ignored her.

We were now standing outside my house. A war was going on inside me over whether I should go inside or not. After some time, I went inside, and Rima followed me. I saw my parents there. My little sister, Prarthi, came running towards me from her room and hugged me. I could see anger flashing in my parent's eyes. Maybe I was hoping they would hug me, but they didn't. I got scared when Prarthi told me that Rima told them everything. She started to tell me that I should've been more careful while looking down at the river. I realized she had skipped my suicide part. I silently thanked her for that.

Rima sat with my parents for a while. Seeing them smile and request Rima to eat snacks, I could say they liked her or say they liked her because she was rich. Rima was a sweet girl, but I didn't know what this brother-sister duo wanted from me.

"Bye, Gurans, take care, and I am sorry," she said before leaving, but I didn't say anything.

I wanted to ask how she knew my name, and suddenly I remembered I hadn't even told them where I lived. How did they know? How? They knew everything about me, but how? Who were they? I couldn't even run away now. If I tried to leave the house or run away, he would surely find me, which made me angry.

I sat on the balcony, thinking about how my life had changed in a year. We were happy in the USA. At least I was, but my father wanted to return to our homeland, Nepal, and he was afraid we would forget everything. The business was holding him there, but as soon as we were at a loss, he brought us back. I like it here, but only for holidays. I didn't know much Nepali, but yeah, I loved the Nepali cursed word.

After coming here, everything was frustrating. No job, and so much pressure from my parents. They hated me even more for not having a job. There, I could do any job, but not here. I had to think twice before stepping outside. Everything was weird for me.

Now, I was married. Yeah, even though I didn't want to, I was. I never thought I would get into this mess. I had always despised relationships, so I never dated. I didn't hate love, but I never wanted love. It wasn't my thing. I meant, who didn't wanted to be loved? but I was afraid if I was in a relationship, I would be the only one to make an effort to make it work, or the person I loved would despise me like my parents. People today only wanted to be in a relationship to sleep and count how many people they have had sex with. Now, my life has gotten messier. I got married to a person I knew nothing about.

"Maybe you could find happiness in him," My inner girl told me No, I was not a girl who searches for happiness in other people and..... Ugh, I didn't wanted to think about that, Boka. Yes, he was probably a Boka.

I wanted to go in front of him and spit every curse word in his face. I was afraid he would come here soon and tell my parents that we were married. My parents would kill me. Why did he make a deal with me? This question didn't leave my mind. I had nothing to give him. He was already so rich.

There were so many questions I wanted to ask him but I knew he wouldn't answer, and now I was trapped. I didn't even know what he wanted from me or what he was planning to do next.