Over

🎶 You Are Losing Me - Taylor Swift 🎶

Himal came back to apologize. He said that some emergency came up and he must leave. He apologized to me like 100 times and I told him, it was ok. I felt quite bad about it. As I turned, the devil was standing with a big smile on his face.

What's with him now?

"I will take you out for lunch," he offered.

I rolled my eyes and was about to go towards my room when he stood in front of me blocking my way. I glared at him.

"You were about to go out with him but why can't you go with me?" he asked.

"I don't want to," I shrugged.

"Why?"

He was staring into my eyes. I was staring back and the funny thing was I wasn't afraid of him. It didn't bother me that he was a vampire. From the day I came back here, it felt like I was around humans. Standing in front of him felt like I was standing in front of a human.

Why wasn't I afraid?

Is it because I knew he wouldn't hurt me? How stupid could I be even to think that he wouldn't hurt me? What was I thinking? He had hurt me time and again. The difference was he didn't hurt me physically but the pain in my heart was much more worst.

He came closer and slowly kissed me. When I came back to reality I broke the kiss and pushed him away. He gave me a sad look but I ignored him.

"I wanna take you out," he said in a low voice. I didn't look at him.

"I don't want to go with the person who played games with me," I said after some silence.

"I didn't,"

How dare he deny it?

"Oh really? Then, what about those divorce papers?"

"I..I did it cause..." he stopped.

"Cause?"

"I.... i..."

"What?" I asked in annoyance.

"Love you," he said looking down between us. It came more like a whisper but I heard him.

I burst out into laughter and he looked at me.

"Say it again ?....love me? Loved me enough to let me go..... Right?" I questioned.

His face fell.

"I did it for... you,"

"For fuck's sake, stop lying, ok?. You don't need to do this,"

"It's true,"

"Stop playing with me. I know you have been meeting Ratna every single day. Do you think I don't know about that?"

"She is my business partner... Due to that reason, I can't...."

"You know what? even though you did all this to me. I can't bring myself to hate you..... And ..and I hate myself for that," I cut him off.

I was not interested in any of his stories related to that woman. I left and this time he didn't block my way. I changed and sat in the room feeling miserable as always. I was so hurt that I couldn't even cry.

"Come and have dinner, please," he said slowly coming inside the room.

I didn't say a word.

He moved closer.

"Maya,"

"What on earth don't you understand," I almost shouted.

"I..."