Chapter 2 - The youngest of the hollow-heads

Red's POV:

The first day passed pretty smoothly. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to pass the "Okay class, we have a new student with us today. Red, why don't you say something about yourself" part. I stood up from my seat. Everyone was staring at me. I tried to say something, but my mind went blank.

'Goddamnit Red, why aren't you saying anything!' I thought.

"Uhh.... My name is Red... uh... I like animals and sports... I guess..."

It was so fucking embarassing!! Thankfully, the teacher let me sit down.

I must admit, Green was right about one thing - the teachers were pretty terrible. After a couple of boring hours it was lunchtime. Green, as he usually does, dragged me to the cafeteria. He pulled me to the table where his friends sat.

"Guys, this is Red. Red, these are the guys."

They all looked at me for a moment. They seemed okay. That one guy, I think his name was Blue, smiled at me. He had a worn off hoodie and it seemed like he didn't brush his hair this morning. Next to him sat Yellow. The guy looked like a business man - white shirt, a tie, black glasses and neat hair. Then my eyes shifted to the other two. Gold looked pretty similar to Blue - a stained shirt, messy hair and a ton of bandages everywhere. And then there was Purple who looked like a cleaner version of his step brother.

"Hey dude! My name's Blue. This moron next to me is Yellow."

Yellow gave Blue a glare.

"I'm not a moron."

"Yeah you are. You're an idiot."

"Look who's talking. If it weren't for me you wouldn't even pass last year."

"Who asked?"

"Nobody had to."

As Blue and Yellow continued bickering I suddenly got grabbed by the hand.

"Hi! Hi! Hi! My name's Gold! And that guy over there! That's Purple! He's my brother! My step brother. He is absolutely amazing, I'm telling you!!!"

Gold, who suprisingly had a rather high pitched voice, gave me an aggresive handshake. I notised that Purple seemed a bit embarassed by Gold's yapping.

"Goldie, give Red some space, okay?"

Gold eventually let me go and sat down next to Purple. I myself sat down next to Green, since he was the one I was most familiar with.

"So, Red, how do you like the school?" Yellow asked.

"Uh... I mean, it's okay I guess? The teachers are a bit boring, but besides that it doesn't seem too bad." I replied.

"You only think so because it's your first day. Trust me, after a bit, you'll change your opinion. I personally hate this place. Especially the principal and the teachers in general. They give you detention for the smallest things!"

"Blue, you should remember that not everybody is stupid enough to pour water into someone's backpack and expect them not to notice." Yellow scoffed.

"Hey! It was an accident."

"Ah yes, you accidentally put someone's bag in the sink and accidentally turned on the faucet."

"It's none of your business what I do. You don't know why I did that."

"Yes, I do. To mess with the person."

"And how would you know, huh?"

"Cause it was my fucking backpack idiot!"

"And there they go again." Green rolled his eyes, as Blue and Yellow started arguing again.

I chuckled. They were complete opposites, yet they really fit together.

We sat there and talked some more. After a while, I realized I was supposed to go to the library to grab a few more textbooks.

"Alright guys, I gotta go grab some books. See you later." I said and left the cafeteria.

I soon obtained said textbooks from the library. I was walking through the hallway, heading towards my locker to leave all the stuff there, when suddenly I bumped into someone. My books fell on the floor. I emediantly kneeled down to pick them up.

"Oh shoot! I'm so sorry! I didn't look where I was going."

I looked up. The person I bumped into was an orange hollow-headed stick figure. He kneeled down next to me and started picking up the books.

"Don't worry about it, it was an accident." I said.

As we both cleaned my mess I had a moment to look at him. He was pretty good looking and he had a friendly face. As we were gathering the textbooks, we accidentally reached out for the same one at the same time. I placed my hand on top of his. Now, I know this will sound really cheesy, but I felt something, or to be more specific, I felt my stomach do a 360. I don't know what it was, the warmth of his hand or his pretty eyes, but that moment felt magical.

I quickly pulled my hand away.

"Oh- uh- sorry about that."

"Heh, it's okay." He smiled.

We soon finished cleaning the books.

"So, you're the new kid, right?"

"Yeah. My name's Red."

"Nice name. My name's Second Coming, but people call me Second or Sec for short."

"Okay, I'll remember that."

We started chatting for a moment, when suddenly our talk was interrupted by two other hollow-heads. One of them was black and the other was red.

"Second, why the fuck did you run off like this?!" The black one asked in a cold tone.

"And who the hell is this? You know you're not allowed to talk to strangers." The red one added. He seemed way more aggresive than the other.

"Calm down Dark. I just bumped into him." Second explained.

"Bullshit!" Dark yelled back.

"Uhh... I gotta go, I have class soon." I said and fled the scene.

I walked over to my locker.

'So those were the hollow-heads. Second called the red one 'Dark', so I'm assuming that was Dark Lord. So the black one must've been Chosen One. Honestly, those two didn't seem all that nice, but Second on the other hand... He seemed okay.'

And then my mind wandered off to the moment our hands touched...

'I admit, he was pretty cute, but come on Red, you barely know him. It's not not like he'll magically like you back. Life's not a fairytale, stop being stupid.'

Yet, for the rest of the day I still thought about that situation. I couldn't get him out of my head. Maybe love at fist sight is a real thing...?

------------------------------------------------

I am enjoying myself so much while writing this!!! I think my fav part was Blue and Yellow arguing over shit. AND this chapter is even longer than the last one! (  ̄▽ ̄)

Words: 1117

Stay safe guys and I will see you in the next chapter :3