Chapter 5 - Till death do us part.

Purple's POV

I sat in my room. I was lying on my bed, looking at the ceiling, lost in thought.

'Do I even deserve to be where I am now? I mean, probably not. My step dad and my step brother... they're too good for me. Yes, I might come from a messed up family, but I don't deserve such kindness. If it wasn't for me, my biological family would still be together. But I messed up. If only I didn't go to my dad's office that day...'

The memories returned really quickly and they hit me like a truck...

~ Flashback ~

I was sitting in my bedroom. I was really bored. Unfortunately, mom wasn't at home and dad was buisy with whatever he was doing. I didn't like dad. He was always too aggresive and too hard. I liked mom. She was nice and caring.

I decided to look for dad to ask him how long will it take mom to come back. I looked for him everywhere, but I couldn't find him. Eventually, there was one place left. My dad's office. I knew that I wasn't allowed to go in there, but at the same time, it's not like I'd be there for longer than a few seconds.

I walked over to the office. It was at the end of a long corridor, wich is why I originally didn't hear the noises coming from there. I didn't know how to name those noises. Some screaming, some grunting. Really wierd. The wierdest part is that they didn't belong to my parents. Okay, maybe some of the noises belonged to dad, but most of the noises came from an unknown lady. This was really wierd. I wanted to knock on the door, but the noises seemed to be getting louder. I decided that it would be a better idea to leave. Maybe dad was having a client over?

After about an hour mom came back home.

"Mom! Mom! You're finally back!" I yelled as I ran over to her.

"Of course I'm back. You didn't think I just left you like this, did you?"

"Well, no. But it took you so long to get back! I was even going to ask dad about it, but I decided not to."

"Why so? Did he yell at you again?"

"No. He was in his office. I think he was having a client over."

"A client? But your dad got fired a month ago."

"I dunno. It was a lady of some sort, but I don't think she was happy with dad cause I heard a lot of screaming and cussing coming from the office."

Mom seemed to be upset. She walked over to dad's office and I followed her quietly. I didn't want to get in the way so I stayed behind.

She opened the door, but thankfully that screaming lady was gone.

"What the hell did you do?!" She yelled at my dad.

"The fuck do you want?" Dad replied.

"Are you cheating on me?!"

"What? Where did you get that idea from?"

"Because I came back from work and our child says you had someone over. Some 'screaming lady'. Did you invite a slut over while I was gone?!"

"What did you expect?! Ever since that little shit stain was born we never had sex! I have my needs too you know!"

"No, I don't know! How could you do this to me?! How could you do this to our child?!"

"Oh please! We weren't even supposed to have him! He was an accident and we both know that! We were 17!"

"Why does that matter?! He is our child and we must love him and care for him!"

"I never even liked that shit stain of a child. He's too weak! He's too much of a sissy! I wonder who he got that from?!"

"Shut your goddamn mouth and listen to me! I'm leaving! I'm not spending a second more with your pathetic ass. I'm taking MY child and I'm leaving!!"

"Oh you're not going anywhere bitch!"

With that said, dad closed the door. I don't know what happened exactly but I heard a lot of screaming and sounds of dad hitting mom. Mom was crying. I wanted to help her, but I was scared. Suddenly I heard a loud crash, followed by a thud. I didn't hear my mom cry or scream anymore.

Soon after that I saw my dad leave his office. He walked over to me and grabbed me by the collar.

"Listen here you little shit! If you ever tell a living soul about this, I will find you and you'll end up like your mother! Do you hear me?!"

"What did you do to mom!?"

"You won't see mom anymore. So get used to it."

Then he gave me a hard slap on the face.

"Go to your room you worthless piece of shit."

~ End of flashback ~

That was the day 6 year old me found out that dad was cheating on mom. That was also the day mom died. I felt my eyes watering. If only I didn't come to his office that day...

I cried hard. I didn't want to remember all that, but the memoried didn't leave me. After some time I heard knocking on my door. I started wiping my face quickly, I didn't want to be seen like this.

"C- come in." I said weakly.

Unfortunately for me, the person who entered my room was Gold. Don't get me wrong, I love Gold, but that wasn't the right time. I needed dad now, he was the only person who knew everything.

"Hey Purps, whacha doin- Purple what's wrong?!"

He ran up to me and sat down next to me.

"What happened?!"

"N- N- nothing... I just" I sniffed "I just remembered something... something I didn't want to remember."

"Oohh..."

Gold knew I was messed up and thankfully, he knew how to deal with it. He hugged me tightly and gently pet my head.

"Don't worry Purps, it's just memories. It's all over now."

For the first time in a while I spend a good hour crying in Gold's arms. He didn't say anything. He just sat there with me and hugged me close.

After a while I calmed down. I took a deep breath.

"Thanks Goldie. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Happy to help. But if you don't mind me asking, how often do you... remember such stuff?"

"...pretty often."

I didn't lie here. I often had flashbacks, similar to the one before.

"Tell you what? If you ever need comforting or someone to talk to or anything, I'm here for ya."

I felt my eyes water again. Gold was a very simple person, but he was so sweet and kind at the same time. I hugged him.

"Thank you so much Goldie."

Gold giggled and hugged back.

"Not a problem brother. Remember, we'll always be together." He said.

After a moment, he added:

"Till death do us part."

-----------------------------------------------

I LOVE WRITING ANGST‼️‼️‼️
Btw, sorry for the short break yesterday, but hey, at least yall are getting some angst in return. I might write more today, as it's Saturday for me, but I have a LOT of studying, so we'll see how it goes (;ω;)

Words: 1236

Stay safe guys and I will see you in the next chapter :3