Chapter 6 - Pinky promice.

Red's POV

It's been two weeks since I joined Stickman High. I became pretty good pals with Green and his friends. The only problem was that I haven't seen Second a lot. I only saw him in class sometimes, sleeping. Obviously, I couldn't just walk up to him and talk to him like a normal person, because:

1. I didn't want to seem desperate,
2. His brothers were always nearby.

But then one day, something happened...

I was in the barthroom, washing my hands, when someone ran inside and slammed the door behind them. That someone was Second!

'OH MY GOSH! Red, this is your chance to talk to him. Just don't do anything stupid. Be cool, be cool.'

"Oh, hey there. Second, right?" I said.

The hollow-head lifted his head suprised. I think he didn't notise me.

"Yeah. Hi Red. Haven't seen you since we talked last time. How are you?"

"I'm good, but what about you? You seem to be in a hurry."

"Eh, not really. I'm hiding from my brothers. They always make me follow them around and I can't even talk to anyone."

"Oohh, that must suck."

"It does, yeah."

I was about to say something when we heard some yelling outside of the bathroom. It sounded like Chosen and Dark looking for Second. They were heading towards us!

"Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!" Second mumbled nervously.

I decided to think fast and did both the best and worst thing possible. I grabbed his hand and pulled him into one of the toilet cabins. I quickly closed the door. Before any of us could say anything we heard the bathroom door slam open.

"Damnit! He's not here!" Dark said.

"You said you saw him come in here!" Chosen yelled.

"Because I did! Shit! What do we do now?!"

"Look for him idiot! If dad finds out about this somehow we're dead! And I'm putting the blame on you!"

With that said they both left the bathroom. We stood there in silence for a few moments.

"Are they gone?" Second whispered.

"I think so."

I looked over at him. I only then notised how tall he was compared to me. And I also notised how close we were to eachother. I felt my cheeks heating up a lill bit.

"Uh... I think we should get out now." I mumbled.

"Y- yeah..."

After about five seconds of staring at eachother I opened the door of the toilet cabin. We got out.

"Damn. I can't believe they didn't find me. Thank you for saving me dude." Second smiled.

Seeing him smile my way caused a wave of butterflies in my stomach.

"N- No problem. But, if you don't mind me asking, why can't you just tell your brothers to leave you alone?"

"Thay can't.  My dad ordered them to do so. I'm the youngest child wich is why my dad is way too overprotective of me. That's why he makes Chosen and Dark babysit me all the time. We all hate it, but we can't do anything. The worst thing is that I don't have any friends, cause people are scared to talk to me because of my brothers." He sighed.

I felt really bad for the guy. Not being able to have friends must've sucked.

"Maybe I could... y'know... be your friend... if you'd like...?" I mumbled.

Second looked at me in disbeleaf.

"Y- you... wanna be my friend?" He asked in shock.

"Y- Yeah. Why not?"

"It's just that... People usually don't want to be friends with me so... y'know."

"Well I want to be your friend." I said confidently.

Second looked at me as if he was about to cry. He walked over to me and hugged me tightly. I felt the butterflies again. I hugged him back. After a moment he lifted me up and spung me around.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" He exclaimed in a very happy voice.

I giggled. He was acting like a happy little kid. After a moment he put me down.

"You have no idea how happy I am. Nobody ever wanted to be friends with me! This will be such a fun new experience! Question is: how are we gonna, y'know, hang out? My brothers follow me around 24/7. And there is absolutely no chance to meet after school."

"We can figure that out some other time. Maybe you could give me your number? So we could at least comunicate in some way."

"I haven't thought about that! Great idea Red!"

Second pulled out his phone and we exchanged phone numbers. We looked at the time. Class was going to start soon.

"Damnit. I'm gonna have to go soon." He said.

"I know. Don't worry. I'm sure we'll meet again soon enough. And even if not, I'll definitly text you later. We will become friends dude. I can promice you that." I smiled.

"...pinky promice?" Second asked quietly. He sounded like a little kid again.

Something I never notised about Second was how childish he was in some ways. But then again, if you lacked affection as much as him, it wasn't too big of a suprise.

"Pinky promice." I smiled.

And that is how me and Second became friends. I texted him later that day. We talked for hours. I found out about his shit situation at home. I also learned that he likes drawing, but he doesn't think he's very good at it. And eighter than that we just kinda talked. Those were the best few hours of my life.

Soon it got pretty late and I decided to go to bed. Before I fell asleep I thought about the day:

'Wow, I can't believe I managed to become friends with Second. I'm so happy! Gosh, he's so cute. Especially when he hugged me! I hope he didn't notice me blushing though...' I thought.

With those thoughts on my mind I fell asleep.

------------------------------------

HELLO GUYS! I'm so sorry for the break!! I have a lot going in rn (and I think my maths teacher hates me or smth 🤷‍♂️) so yeah. I know this chapter was a bit messy, so I apologize if I made you cringe.

More chapters will be coming out later in the week (thursday - saturday) because I'm going on a field trip so I'll have time to write OwO

And yes, the chapter name was a reference to the cover ^w^

Words: 1074

Stay safe guys and I will see you in the next chapter :3