Chapter 26 - Cuddles.

Yellow's POV

I was sitting at my desk, writing down the shopping list. It was getting pretty late, so Blue and I would be heading to bed soon. I was just waiting for him to finish showering.

I glanced at the shopping list. I think I wrote everything down.

I got up from my desk and streached. I walked over to my closet and opened it. I had a big mirror on the inner side of one of the doors. I looked at myself. I looked at my face. Even though I tried sleeping more, I still had bags under my eyes. I sighed and closed the closet. I didn't like looking at myself.

I sat down on the bed and rested my head against my hands. I don't know why, but I felt super stressed. So hopelessly stressed.

Suddenly, the door opened up, causing me to jump slightly. Blue walked into the room.

"Hey baby!" He said cheerfully.

He walked over to me and kissed me on the cheek. The cold water from his wet hair dripped onto me.

"Blue! You're wet!"

"No I'm not. My hair is." He gave me a cheeky smile.

"You can't go to bed like this! Going to bed like this will damage your hair! And I'm not even mentioning the mess you'll make!" I spoke in an annoyed tone. I didn't mean to sound so frustrated.

"Baby, chill, it's just a bit of water." Blue raised an eyebrow. "Why are you so upset over it?"

"I don't know! I just am! Just... Just please dry your hair, okay?" I tried speaking in a softer tone.

"Alright, fine. But you're coming with me!" Blue grabbed my hand and dragged me to the bathroom.

I leaned against the wall while Blue took a towel and started drying his hair.

I sighed and crossed my arms. I don't know why I felt so stressed out. Maybe it was still from what we did earlier today. I mean... turning off that power was the most stressfull thing in my life! I was so lost it thought that I didn't even notise when Blue started talking to me.

"Baby? Yellow? You there?" He asked.

"What? Oh, sorry. I was... thinking."

Blue sighed. He put the towel away and walked over to me. He took my hands.

"Yellow? Why are you so uptight today? What's going on?" He asked.

"I dunno. I just... I'm still stressed from that power bullshit. I don't know why! I just-" I got cut off by Blue.

"Okay, okay! I get it. You're still stressed. In that case, how about we go to bed, cuddle a little bit and help you calm down? Would that be good?" He asked softly.

I nodded. Blue took my hand and took me to bed. We lied down. Before I could even do anything, Blue spooned me. I wasn't used to this. Usually, I was the big spoon, I was the one who would reassure the other saying that 'it's okay' or that 'it will be fine'. I felt a bit uncomfortable. I felt like I was being a bother.

"Baby? What's wrong?" Blue asked.

"I feel wierd. Blue, am I... am I bothering you? I feel like I am." I murmured.

"Baby..."

Blue sat up. He pulled me onto his lap. Once again, I felt wierd.

"Yellow, you know you can tell me anything. Right?" He spoke softly. Blue wrapped his arm around me, pulling me close.

"I know..." I nodded. His gesture brought me a feeling of comfort. I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned against him.

"Then tell me, what's wrong?"

"I don't know. I'm still stressed. I feel like I have to do something! Like, do some studying or some chores or something like that! I... I don't feel good..." I said quietly. I don't know why I felt like this. It's not like something bad was happening. And here I was, acting pathetic. I didn't even know why I started tearing up.

"Baby, why are you crying?" Blue asked with a concerned look.

"I don't know." I sniffled.

Blue hugged me close. He gave me multiple, sweet little kisses across my face. I giggled. I wiped my eyes.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"It's alright. Everyone feels a bit vulnerable every now and then." Blue smiled.

He pushed my chin up and gave me one of his usual, sweet kisses. I gently closed my eyes as I kissed back.

After a moment, we pulled away.

"Better?" He asked.

"Yes. Thank you dear. I don't know what I'd do without you." I smiled.

"You're welcome love. You should stop stressing over such little things, y'know? There are more important things in life."

"True..." I snuggled into him. "Your lap is very comfortable, y'know?"

"Ah, so I see you like being the little spoon, huh?" Blue giggled. He gave me a kiss in the forehead.

I relaxed in his arms. I burried my face into his chest and inhaled his scent.

"Yellow? What are you doing?" Blue gently pulled my face away from his chest, looking at me with a curious smile.

"I'm sniffing you, I think that's obvious. You smell so nice. Plus, it's very calming." I said, smiling.

"You're such a lill wierdo, y'know?" Blue giggled.

After a bit, we turned off the lights and lied down to bed. I held Blue's hand, tracing my thumb against his knuckles.

"Yellow?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you." He said softly.

"I love you too baby." I smiled.

Blue ended up spooning me again, however, it didn't feel so wierd this time. I guess being the little spoon wasn't so bad afterall.

"Baby, Imma head to sleep now." I yawned.

"Okay love. Goodnight." He said softly, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

I closed my eyes. I was still a little worried about what we did today, but the warmth of Blue's body and the feeling of his arms pulling me close to him, soon melted my worries away. After a few moments, I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my baby, my baby

you're my baby, say it to me

baby, my baby

tell your baby that I'm your baby

"I bet on losing dogs" by Mitski.

--------------------

HELLOOOO!!! :D

If you were expecting this chapter to be smut, then congratulations, you've been tricked :P

Seriously though, Yellue smut will come a lill later in the book.

About the song: I decided that it would fit, since Blue and Yel always call eachother 'baby'.

So yeahhh.

Btw, I'm planning to start a tiktok accout (and possibly a youtube channel in the future). I'll probably post some silly art or animations/animatics there, as that's pretty much all I can do :^

So yeahhhhhhh...

How are you guys doing btw? Idk why I'm asking, I'm just kinda curious :}

Words: 1152

Stay safe guys and I will see you in the next chapter :3