Chapter 9 - We need to talk.

TSC's POV

I sat in my room, studying. It was saturday, wich meant dad was home. I didn't dislike dad as much as  I disliked Chosen and Dark, but he didn't show much interest in me. Except my grades. Those were the most important to him. Suddenly I heard him call my name:

"Second! Second come here!"

I got up and went downstairs to the kitchen. To my suprise, Chosen and Dark were there too.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"We need to talk." Dad said in a serious tone.

I didn't like the sound of that. 'We need to talk' always meant we fucked up. I looked at Chosen, hoping to get an explanation. Unfortunately, he gave me the 'I have no idea what the fuck is going on' look.

"So, as you boys know, I work at a very serious company-"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, can you just tell us what you want from us?" Dark interrupted.

"Do NOT interrupt me young man!" Dad snapped towards Dark. Dad didn't have a lot of patience, especially towards Dark.

"Anyway, as I said, I work at a very serious company and because of that, I'm going to have to go on a business trip. Unfortunately, the trip will be a rather long one as it may take up to 3 months. So, with that said, Chosen, I'm leaving you in charge here."

"M- Me?!"

"Yes you. Who do you think?" Dad soffed.

"Dad I don't think I'm able to handle this-"

"Oh please, when I was your age I was already earning money. So be usefull for once and take care of your siblings while I'm gone. Now, I'm gonna go pack, as I'm leaving tonight. That's all I wanted to say. You can leave now."

The three of us basically ran out of the kitchen. Before I could go to my room, Chosen stopped me.

"Sec, we gotta talk. Go to my room."

And that's how I ended up sitting in Chosen's bedroom alongside with Dark. Chosen soon came too and locked the door.

"Alright guys, since I'm left in charge we gotta figure some stuff out. First: Dark, you gotta promice you won't do too much stupid shit."

"Ugh... fine..."

"Good. Next thing: Second. Since dad is leaving, I'm not planning to continue with this 'Don't let Second talk to strangers' bullshit. You're gonna be on your own. Talk to whoever you want, do whatever you wanna do. In short: make these 3 months the best time of your life. Just don't fuck up too much."

Was I dreaming? Did Chosen just said that he and Dark will leave me alone?

"...excuse me?" I asked.

"You heard me. Me and Dark will leave you alone for these three months. Heck, maybe if you magade to make some good friends we could show dad that you don't need us looming over you all the time. So yeah, do whatever you want. Just don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs and don't get anyone pregnant and I'll be happy."

I was about to say something, but I got interrupted by Dark:

"What do you mean by 'Dark and I'? Why is my opinion not taken into consideration?"

"I didn't need your opinion. Besides I know damn well that you'd love to leave Sec alone."

"...well yeah. Following that little rat around is so fucking annoying."

"Uhh... I'm right here you know..." I mumbled quietly.

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Anything alse?" Dark asked.

"I don't think so. Look, let's just show dad that we can be responsible and maybe he'll let us live our own lives." Chosen sighed.

"C- can I go now?" I aksed.

"Yeah, sure."

With that said I quickly left the room.

TDL's POV

As Second left the room I notised Chosen's expression change. He was clearly worried about something.

"Cho? You good?"

"Nope. I'm so scared Dark."

"Why? I mean, Sec is a good kid, he'll do the right thing I'm sure."

"No, not that. I'm scared because of you. Because if you do some stupid shit, I'm gonna be responsible for it. Ugh, this is so stupid."

He sat down on the bed next to me, burrying his face in his hands.

"I miss Victim. He was born to be a leader, he knew what to do. Why did he have to go so fucking far away?"

"I mean, it wasn't even his idea. Dad chose his college."

"Damnit, I know that! I just... miss him."

I was never one to comfort, but I could tell Chosen was worried about all this. I moved myself closer to uim and wrapped my arm around him.

"It'll be fine Cho. We'll figure it out. We always do."

Chosen lifted his head and looked over at me.

"This is new. Never seen you so close to me without being forced."

"Don't get used to it. This is a onetime opportunity. Now, your clingy ass probaby wants a reassuring hug, am I right?"

"....yeah."

"C'mere bitchass."

With that said I pulled Chosen close to me. He quickly hugged me back. I was never a fan of affection, but I enjoyed that hug. It felt nice to be embraced by my big brother.

"Thanks Darky. I dunno what I would do without you."

"Ew, didn't I tell you to quit with the nickname? My name is D A R K."

"Yeah yeah, whatever dumbass."

We stayed like that for a moment, talking about shit. Chosen and I were close. We spent over half of our time together. But we never hugged of comforted eachother like this. Calling eachother stupid names or fighting all the time - that was our love language. This was different, but I didn't mind it. It was a nice change.

"So, you wanna do anything, idiot?"

"I could feed you to Princess."

"No! There is no way I'm even gonna go near that spider of yours!"

"Come on, she doesn't bite."

"Of course! She KILLS!"

I chuckled. We continued our bickering for a while. Chosen might've worried too much and he might've been a bit stupid at times, but overall he was my brother and I loved him, even if I would never admit it out loud.

--------------------------------

And there goes another chapter!! Honestly, no idea why I randomly threw Dark and Chosen in here but I guess it works ヽ( ´ー`)ノ

Soooo yeah. Next chapter will come out as soon as possible!

Words: 1088

Stay safe guys and I will see you in the next chapter :3